All reviews clean rooms property austria shower bed
Reviewed 8 April 2016

This was our first time and we will be back. Perfect for a motoring stopover, the Schuhs hotel is comfortable, enjoyable and you avoid the traffic chaos of central Karlsruhe. We liked: - free and safe parking - great evening meal and breakfast -excellent white beer - free bottle of water in room - easy to find - most hospitable hosts (both of whom spoke good English). Thank you all and see you again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I had to work nearby for 5 day so was quite choosy about where to stay. I have to say I was very pleased we chose this place. The room were very adequate, warm, comfortable and I slept well every night.
Breakfast was just right and the restaurant was excellent and we ate there most nights.
We will probably be back next year and hopefully this place will be available

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Schuhs Hotel and Restaurant is in a city location not far from town and there is a car park though an archway. It's small and friendly.

The room featured nice décor, a comfortable bed, a sparkling bathroom, great wi-fi and a big TV with sky (if only I could work it). The staff try hard to help and I found this added to the stay. Breakfast offered a wider range of choice than many I have been to.

The restaurant served above average food and presented it very well and interestingly. The food prices were only slightly higher but overall I'd rate this as good value.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2015

A great place for stop-over and for a night or two but not more. The menu is same and there are difficulties if you do not know or understand German language.
The staff is co-operative and try to make your stay comfortable but ain't easy all the time.
Rooms are just ok and it's rightly said as "House" and not hotel.
They tried to help me with a vegetarian dinner but not sure if they could have offered something different the next day. Although had some idea, but the food wasn't close to my understanding but good overall.
They have a nice cosy bar and a good breakfast room. If you know German, the owner/manager will keep you engaged.
The parking area is good, although the approach road is narrow. There is a train station, super-market and bank nearby.
Overall a good place for people with some skill in German language and non-vegetarian.

Room Tip: Not sure as small property
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2015

We used Schuhs as an overnight stop on our way between Zell am See and Normandy, it is in a good location outside of the main town.. you will need a GPS to find it easily.. Our room (2) was very clean, the bed comfortable. The best part for us was the wonderful restaurant, make sure you book in to eat here too. We highly recommend the mix of icecreams, and breakfast was superb too. We will return here if we are passing this way again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple