All reviewselectric fansan felicefree parkingbeer and wineexcellent breakfasttown centremodern hotelrecommend this hotelmcdonaldsfridgesinkelevatorsupermarketgym
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We are a family with two little daughters and this is our go-to hotel while we travel between Netherlands and Italy. The staff is very friendly, breakfast is served with a nice buffet, and the 4-beds room is spacious and airy, including a kettle, safe box and even a microwave. In this price range it's hard to do better. The hotel parking can get crowded, but there usually is plenty of space in the nearby street (which is empty after dark as there is an office district). Some rooms are warm and therefore an electric fan is provided.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent three days here to attend a wonderful wedding in nearby Durlach. This hotel has very friendly staff, excellent accommodations and a very generous breakfast which was quite delicious. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped and spotlessly clean. I would unconditionally recommend this hotel for your stay in Karlsruhe.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Good location as a stop over hotel, being a few minutes from the motorway. We were only about an hour from Heidelberg and stopped at the castle on the way to Calais.
There was a supermarket a few minutes walk away so we could stock up on food and drinks. The rooms facilities were good in that we had a mini kitchen with a microwave. We arrived pretty late and were too tired to go for dinner so got a couple of microwave meals from the super market down the road.
Breakfast was pretty good and more than just a continental with sausages and bacon.
Parking was ok, i think there could be some shuffling around with cars parked blocking in the first to arrive, but didn't become an issue for us.
Check in was quick, with friendly staff, nothing really to complain about other than the sink in our kitchen area didnt work. We didnt bother to complain as there was a sink in the bathroom. Complimentary bottles of water was a nice touch.
I did notice there wasnt air con in our room, it wasnt an issue because it wasnt too hot, there was a large fan just in case though.
The supermarket nearby doesnt take cards, so bring cash!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Hotel Aviva is a cool, modern hotel with quirky little design touches that make it very interesting. Great breakfast, free wi-fi and parking, friendly staff and clean, modern, comfortable rooms - what's not to like?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I had really good time with my family, really nice breakfast, friendly staff. It was on my birthday and my first choice hotel in Germany they made my special day more meaningful! Thanks
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family