Free cancellation until 05/08
US$ 83
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewselectric fansan felicefree parkingbeer and wineexcellent breakfastrecommend this hotelpublic transporttown centremodern hotelfridgestreetgermanysinkelevatorsupermarketgym
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Strange jungle birds cry out in the night, monkeys quietly chatter. I thought I heard a hungry lion growl in the morning. They’re close, just across the road, behind fences thank heavens.
Hotel Avisa just happens to be opposite the zoo. If you aren’t as attuned to nature as me, close your window and you won’t even know it is there. All you’ll see is the lush greenery of the trees.
Good sized rooms, excellent reception, lift, internet. Outstandingly clean and orderly. First class breakfast, excellent.
This is the best hotel I’ve stayed in for a while.
A stone’s throw to the bahnhof but quiet, lots of street parking available.
Trams take you all over the city, catch one on the corner.
Funky little German pub (kneipe) and other eateries and markets close by.

Room Tip: Room 201 has a balcony. Ask for it.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel was a great place to stop for the night on our way from Munich to Koblenz. It was a good, affordable mid way point close to major roads at the edge of the "fan" city. We didn't get the chance to see the town; the hotel was located more on the outskirts and we were too tired for much exploring, but the immediate vicinity seemed nice and safe.

There was ample parking, included in our stay, and an elevator that connected the parking level to the floor of the hotel which made transporting luggage easy.

Our room was cozy, but very thoughtfully arranged with a headboard that doubled as a nightstand and closet and a very modern bathroom with a sliding door. It was an impressive efficient use of space and we found ourselves quite comfortable even though the room was small.

Breakfast in the morning (also included) was amazing. There were lots of options including a big yogurt "bar", fruits, salad, meats, cheese, bacon, sausage, and eggs. I was very impressed with the amount and variety of food provided.

It was a great place to stay for us; I think it would also work really well for business people and families.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2016

At the outset, Karlsruhe doesn't have too many hotels. So generally the hotels are many times full. I had to get an accommodation for about two weeks and this was the only available option that I could zero down. Reached to the hotel from Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof in 15 minutes by Taxi. Check-in was super quick. Overall ambiance pleasant, reasonable room size and reasonably well appointed. Comfortable bed and linen, a study table, wardrobe to store clothes, clean bathroom and fresh towels. They provide soap dispenser with gel/soap which is a very good thing. Shower area is small and one has to get adjusted to it initially. Mini refrigerator available in the room.

Super positive points:
1. Staff is very helpful and courteous - especially Frau Melanie Himmel
2. Breakfast spread is huge and superb. I enjoyed my breakfast everyday. Lots of options available including standard bread rolls (broetchen), ham, eggs, meat slices, beckon, muesli, yoghurt, fruit cuts (very fresh and high quality), selection of assorted tea and coffee, juices, pastries, etc.
3. Landline to landline calls within Germany (and I think within Europe) are free.
4. Ample parking space available
5. Wifi is superfast and a very good coverage throughout the hotel.
6. A small gym and sauna facility
7. A bus stop is at a very nearby distance and metro station is about 10 minutes lovely walk through the kind of residential and forest area.
8. Mcdonald and gas station within walkable distance.
7. Hotel offers selection of pizzas which are very good. On top, within 10-15 minutes walk-able distance top Italian and greek restaurants available.

All in all I was very happy with my overall stay. Price to performance ratio is good. I will stay in this hotel again during my next visit to Karlsruhe.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AtulEurope
Reviewed 23 March 2016

The room was clean, small but very comfortable. Internet speed is well and easy connection no password always you are on line by the wat staff was welcome and breakfast is excellent with a variety of food.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 13 February 2016

눉evenings meals were available, things that could be done in the microwave, not much choice and has we had been driving for 9 hours did not want to go out and find the nearby restaurants

눇Location was good for us for a transit stop over, good parking facilities. Room was very modern and unusual but we liked it. Breakfast was good, hot and cold food available

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple