Boutique Hotel Heidelberg Suites - Small Luxury Hotels
  • Breakfast included
US$ 316
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Zum Neckartal(Heidelberg)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 102
All reviewsacross the riverthe penthouseold townnon alcoholic beveragesmain buildingdinner reservationsbeautiful hotelworkout roomappointed bathroomgreat boutiquesmall kitchenettegreat view of the castleliving areabreakfast servicesitting roomneckar riverstaff was helpful and friendly
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I love this hotel, the location is prefect. The design is elegant from the lobby to the bathrooms. Excellent tasteful and a little quirky, and oh so hip, yet completely classic .. just the way I like it. Staff are helpful and considerate. And its located in the most beautiful city in Germany so it begs for a return visit. The name is my only complaint, To an American ear is sounds extremely low budget.. DONT BE FOOLED, its like stepping into a wealthily baron's home as a guest, replete with an outdoor garden rising up the hillside behind and stone great danes to guard the back door .. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JoshuaSims
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We just spent two nights at the Heidelberg Suites and were completely impressed with the entire experience. We stayed in suite #8 in the guest house. The foyer contained a huge bar with minibar (free soft drinks - a nice touch), espresso maker, electric kettle, and even a small range top. The living area was large with a flat-screen TV, desk, sofa and chairs, all in a transitional style. The bedroom was cozy and the bed very comfortable, and there was an air conditioning unit in the bedroom, which was welcome on the rare 82 degree day in May when we arrived. The bathroom was reasonably spacious and well-appointed, including a bidet. Staff was all very friendly and helpful (and English-speaking).

We picked the hotel in part because of its location, just a minute or two walk to the bridge to the old town, and though it looked out mainly on the courtyard, it did have a view of the Schloss. We chose to stay across the river instead of in the old town expecting it would be quieter, and we found the guest house to be very tranquil, even though it's just off a main road. The guest house is located just behind the main hotel, which is right next to the road, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some road noise there.

Though there is no restaurant, they do serve breakfast, and the hotel has a dinner cruise on a boat that's docked just across the street. We're not normally dinner cruise sorts of folks, but the menu looked good and it was convenient for our first night in town. What a pleasant surprise! The boat was decorated charmingly, the service was top-notch, the food quite good (asparagus risotto was a standout), a nice wine list, plus a scenic cruise down the Necker River. Be prepared for a leisurely experience; the kitchen is small and food can take awhile, but it's worth it for this delightful experience.

Room Tip: The guest house is likely quieter than the main house, but views from the front of the main hotel building are best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank julesagogo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and kids and I recently stayed in this hotel . WOW ....what an experience , its top of the range -so I expected the rooms to be wonderful ...which they were, the drinks to be chilled .....they were, the food to be lovely....it was ! And the service.....way and beyond the call of duty. The receptionist and porter on duty could not have done more for us...but not in an obsequious manner, just highly professional. They also really welcomed our kids which was terrific as some boutique hotels can be slightly on edge about kids. As we were leaving very early (6.30), both members of staff got up and breakfast was served to us well before their normal opening time. In addition to this , we have never before had the staff come out to the car and wave us off down the road....what a lovely touch. I have never felt so welcome in a hotel in my life. If you want to feel special I suggest you contact them ASAP !!!

Room Tip: It was all wonderful, but perhaps away from the road ...although it wasnt really noisy after dark.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My friend and I recently stayed in 2 rooms at Heidelberg Suites and our expectations were far exceeded. It's difficult to call the HS a hotel as it felt more like you were renting an apartment at the best B&B in the world rather than a hotel.
The rooms were brilliantly appointed with coffee machine, dishwasher and cooktop. The minbar was also complimentary for non alcoholic items and wifi was also free. I had a dining/living area with spectacular views over the Neckiar River, I great size bed and wel appointed bathroom with large shower head, bath and bidet. The location is also perfect with a 5 minute walk across the bridge to the old town center. The Heidelberg castle is in full view out our window.
The staff at reception make you feel like family with Nancy, Stephanie and co being so helpful and responsive to our needs. We also met the owner, Peter, who gave us so much of his time to answer our questions about his hotel. He also owns a restaurant boat called Patria which we enjoyed twice during our 3 night stay. The staff like Pia and Lisa are extremely friendly on board with Julian the sommelier helping well with wine choices. It seams odd I recall everyone's name as that's not normal for me, but we really felt so welcome and part of the 'family' that it was not difficult to do so. I would also recommend utilizing the car service while staying as Martin is a real character with a wealth of knowledge of the area, cars and Germany history.
My friend and I bought a golf package holiday through HS and loved every minute. They also have a number of other packages I would try next time when I visit with my wife.
I was so impressed with my experience, I am already looking at a skiing holiday in Peters chalet in Austria. I'm sure the decor and experience will be just as spectacular.
If you're going to Heidelberg, check this place out if you can.

Room Tip: Any room will do. Take swimmers and use the spa out back of the hotel. It was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank divdogs
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel should be higher "ranked" in Tripadvisor. We stayed here for a weekend in late January 2012. The room we were given was on the third floor, overlooking the River and town, with a clear view of the castle. It was an incredible view!

The service we encountered was stellar. The women there were very professional, friendly and genuine. The breakfast served was above expectations, with gourmet foods and even eggs cooked to order.

The furnishings and decorations of the hotel's main building and of the building our room was in were perfect. I felt like I stepped into the pages of an architectural magazine. We felt right at home and very comfortable. It seemed that they thought of every little detail. I was constantly smiling to myself. The beds were amazing and very comfortable, too. From the delicious chocolates on the pillows, to the linens draped over the headboard of the bed (cleanliness is a huge issue for me and this hotel was above my expectations here too), we were very pleased.

We used the spa, downstairs. I appreciate that they book the spa for couples for two hour windows so that you have privacy and are not stuck with other guests, because how relaxing is that? The facilities were clean, tidy and very well organized. Plenty of water (still and sparkling), slippers, robes, etc. The beds were comfy and the two saunas were HOT, but wonderful. It was great to jump right in the shower and cool off. The massage I received (Marma massage), was not what I had hoped for, but although not my style of massage (I prefer firm pressure and this was light touching), I could tell the woman was good at what she did. I hoped they would have a bigger spa menu, but for such a small hotel I can understand why they don't. I wish we were able to linger longer in both the spa and the hotel in general.

My only gripes were that parking was an extra charge (small gravel lot) and the price was a little steep.

Overall, I would rate this as in my top three hotels in the world I have stayed in - and I have been to around 60 countries. This was exactly what we had needed, and was beyond what we had hoped for. We will stay here every time we visit Heidelberg.

Room Tip: As for a high room with a view of the castle/city.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple