“fine dining”
Review of Parkhotel Wehrle

Parkhotel Wehrle
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Triberg
Reviewed 6 June 2017

this hotel - restaurant - wellness point , is nice to be , with luxus , and fine food , with excellent service people

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Wehrle to avoid driving back home in a snowstorm. So I had no reservation, and had not scouting anything out, beforehand. Knowing nothing about it, I saw the Wehrle from the parking space I had acquired, and I chanced that they might have a room available in Winter. They had one left, and it seemed to be intended for a child. As a low maintenance traveler, I accepted it, and decided it should do in a pinch. In the end, I would have been better off braving the storm to find anything else.

The room was small, but that didn't bother me, for my only need was a simple night's rest. But that was not to be available here, because the bed was a miserable piece of furniture. To call the bed hard would be like calling lead dense. It was punishing in every way imaginable- no cushion of any kind, a wooden table underneath, and a shifting lump every time you moved. My back may never have felt worse. I had a headache in the morning.

Hoping to make up for the night with a good start to the day, I entered the breakfast room in the middle of the morning rush- a time when I expect service should be at peak operation. The room had one table open, and I took that, though it had not yet been bussed from the prior diners. So, in the midst of making do with hat I could gather at the cold buffet for myself, and seeing nothing in the hot buffet that as in any way appealing (soft boiled eggs, or some knudel-looking baked item), I awaited some manner of service. Forks, for instance, were granted only with a place setting, unlike spoons and knives, which were self-serve near the cold foods. So while eating, I made do with a spoon, instead of a fork, because it seemed to overlook all the staff that I might prefer a fork.

There were three service ladies running about, and all staying quite busy. But while one was handling coffee and cappuccino, and did offer me both, which I took, the second was supposed to bus and replace the table settings, a task sh undertook with all the other customers in the place, except me. Now, I did not glower, nor complain, nor did I speak in English to anyone, though it became apparent that either the staff at the Wehrle don't ever speak English, or the Winter staff are not hired for the linguistic flexibility. This did not bother me, but I note it because I often wonder if it bothers host restaurant wait staff. I feel as though the girl involved in offering tablecloths,manikins, and forks, intimidate he's elf out of her job. I have no problem speaking up for assistance, but she made no eye contact, and rushed as fast as possible past my location,mooring busy at any and every other seat as though it were her single mission to avoid encountering someone whom she might have divined was not a native German speaker. The third lady seed to have a more casual job of glancing in at the room,me very soften, to ensure the other two were keeping busy, though, not at anything in particular. And this was the entire wait staff at the Wehrle, a resort hotel that prides itself on being an attraction to both domestic and international guests.

So, the room gets an F- for the bed. And the breakfast gets a D+ for the coffee, since that's all I really got out of it. If you want to visit the spa, maybe you should stay elsewhere and pay to enter the spa, separately. But staying overnight in the Wehrle, I can only imagine you will be more in need of the spa than when you first arrived. This hotel considers itself worth twice as much as the next location in town, and yet it can perform no basic tasks well. I give it 2 circles only because I ant to reserve the lowest rating for businesses that affirmatively go out of their way to be awful. The Wehrle merely can't be bothered to try to do anything well.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank MrOpaki
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Very, Very pretty historic restaurant! Food was excellent and the Tempranillo wine was also delicious if you like a dry red. One of the best meals we had!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 14 October 2016

This centrally located hotel has been most tastefully restored. My room had a 'juliet' balcony overlooking the street. The room was rather hot, there having been an unexpected unseasonable burst of hot 32C weather so they provided a fan. Breakfasts were enjoyable and on two of our four night stay we had excellent dinners.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Centrally located, spacious room, comes with access to spa! Staff very friendly and happy to change out down pillows and comforter for hypoallergenic. Very much enjoyed staying here and exploring all that Triberg has to offer.

Date of visit: October 2016