“Bite to (overeat) before a gig”
Review of La Pepa

La Pepa
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 15
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My friends and I came here for a bite to eat prior to a gig at the Jazz house and again we were not disappointed.

The was fresh and tasty. The portions more than adequate (designed to be shared between 2 or 4). The staff friendly and the service speedy.

My only gripe was the tortilla was overcooked, but would still happily frequent this place again.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Tried this tapas bar while on holidays, following other reviews on TripAdvisor. The place was fairly busy, however they managed to accommodate us. Great atmosphere and the food is just amazing. We had a selection of tapas, hard to decide which one was the best! I particularly remember the fried aubergine with honey sauce, first time I tried it and so delicious. Prices are very reasonable too. Overall a great experience and definitely a place to visit when in Freiburg.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere in this beautiful latin place is very warm and confortable. All here talks about Spain, as you can be sure you will find real Spanish people who prepare Tapas with passion. The wines are good, as well as the prices for the average of the Stadt. Try all the Red ones, Ribera y Riojas, and you will feel satisfied.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

La pepa is a nice little place with great service. Food is excellent, croquetas are really nice. I went for my birthday last year and had a good time. This place will give you those Spanish vibes you might need in cold Freiburg.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We have tried the octopus, 'croquetas', 'boquerones', the veal and everything was delicious. Also the wine was alright. Did not expect such a good experience as most of the mid range Spanish restaurants we have been to, were really poor. I will definitely repeat!