“A Really Tasty Indian Experience in Freiburg”
Review of Indian Curryhouse

Indian Curryhouse
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I had been to the Indian Curryhouse three years ago when I last visited Freiburg and was quite anxious to renew the experience. This time I had the Chicken Jalfrezi (which I like to think is a bell weather dish in an Indian restaurant), my friends had the Prawn Bhuna and the Malai Kofta, respectively. My Jalfrezi (ordered 'a bit spicy') was just the right level of heat and nicely flavoursome. Empty plates testified the satisfaction levels of my friends with the meal. Mukhwas was a nice touch at the end of the meal, leaving a nice taste in the mouth at the end of a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The food is good...is really good. I love the tandoori and the chicken mango. Very good! Also the samosas are amazing and the naan is garlicky which I personally love. What I don’t like is that the place is extremely small. The last two times I was there it was extremely loud and messy. I know...kids are sweet and everything, but shouting and throwing food half meter away from mu food annoys me. Also bigs groups just make a one on one conversation imposible, because is just too loud. Anyway..,I repeat: food is good, but I would order to take away next time.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We learned the hard way. Make reservations on weekends. This small but very popular Indian Restaurant is busy for a reason. We were given an opportunity to wait and a table opened up sooner than the estimated time. The quality of the familiar Indian fare and service was top notch. Our young servers spoke English to accommodate us although we were very familiar with the menu items. If you are yearning for an Indian meal in Freiburg, this is the place to go. Just be aware that parking is tight in this primarily residential neighborhood.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely traditional Indian food in a relaxing atmosphere. Very welcoming staff and very child friendly.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Very cozy restaurant, the service is quite good and fast.
Food quality was even better that expected and I had already high expectations having read some reviews in advance.
Bathroom impeccable!!!
Just be aware there is no alcoholic drinks in the menu so if you want to pair just super spicy and tasty lamb with a red wine... I rather choose the lamb and get the wine somewhere else