“We arrived late. The meal was amazing”

Zirbelstube & Falkenstube
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived late to the hotel and the kitchen was about to close. We sat down and just ordered spaghetti with Meath sauce and parmigiana cheese. And it was simply terrific.

Perfecto!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Fantastic service. Great menu options. Perfect presentation of delicious meals. Exquisite menu and wine list.
When back in Freiburg we will definitely go back. This was our highlight for dinner!
Prices according to quality!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018

absolutely superb combination of style and tradition, maybe too much of tuxedo waiters with great professional but less cordiality , food and wines little above value for the money .. but interesting to go

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I've been reviewing for tripadvisor for years and this is the hardest one I have had to write. In some ways this review could be laudatory or scathing. I put it down the middle with a rating of 3. The good part--incredibly inventive take on traditional continental cuisine. I had the chef's tasting menu and each dish was a work of art. The bad--I got violently ill after the dinner. Actually around course 4 I started feeling woozy and excused myself to the restroom to splash water on my face to keep from passing out. I don't believe it was actual food poisoning--probably just more fat content than my body has encountered in a single meal in years. I tip toed through the remaining courses and hurried back to my hotel. Unfortunately I had one of the worst evenings/nights that I have ever had. It cleared up by 5am, but given that I had little to eat earlier in the day (and usually have an iron stomach), I had to attribute it to something with the meal--likely simply the enormous amount of heavy fat. If I ever do go back, I'll stay far away from the multicourse meal. A soup and main would be more than enough. The service, by the way, was impeccable. It is also a lovely restaurant. Again a night of real disjunction for me.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We went there for a business dinner with some friends from the US. It was the right choice as it feels very German inside. And food was really nice, too. Especially decently priced.

Date of visit: September 2017