All reviews thermal water pedestrian area old charm bath and shower shopping street cute hotel nice breakfast lovely balcony parking facilities local spa concert hall main attractions central location spa facilities breakfast buffet fantastic hotel clean bathroom
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Nice location to the centre of Baden Baden. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and I also had a balcony which I really enjoyed as I could work in the nice breeze and sunshine! The spa was especially nice, I enjoyed a chill out in the steam room and the bio sauna. Breakfast was your standard continental which I've come accustomed to! Overall a nice hotel! Only drawback was the €24-30 (per 24hr) parking charge at the local shopping centre, so is really good for people without a car.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
BSchmahl, Manager at Heliopark Bad Hotel zum Hirsch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Mr Christopher F., Thank you for your feedback via Tripadvisor and your stay with us.
We are pleased that you liked almost all offered services. As you surely know, our hotel is one of the most traditional hotels and the historic oldest of Baden-Baden. Unfortunately in 1689 were no parking places needed, so the public parking areas are the only possibility for our guests. As they are in private ownership, they can make their own prices. If you come back in the future, we will certainly show you all parking places we got here in town, for you to choose the best and less expensive one. Based on your feedback score, we find it very unfortunate that we could not meet your full satisfaction as a hotel. Nevertheless, we hope that we can welcome you with us to a future opportunity again to still achieve the 100% satisfaction. Kind regards B. Schmahl (Manager)

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I booked this for a cheap central 3 night out of season early August stay as I was visiting (as I have for 19 years) for a work conference so my small but clean and well-appointed room had no aircon (Baden-Baden can get seriously hot, but I was lucky) but a fan and no view. The ground floor is just a small reception desk and usually-closed bar lounge and the pretty frontage onto Langestrasse belies the size of this historic hotel site, which from floor 1 upwards is traditional and impressive. The hotel does a good German breakfast buffet with charming attentive staff in a great room with a lovely terrace (the reason I chose the hotel). There is a brief, one-choice lunch available and then basically the hotel closes down to skeleton staff like a B&B. They have a fabulous dining room like a ballroom which is used for functions, but not dinner, so you have to go out, but if on holiday that is no problem as it is so centrally located. My problem was that I needed to work and couldn't get so much as a hot drink until the next morning. Guests are charged for all minibar items left on the table, as well as in the bar, and also must buy an umbrella if it rains (orange, EUR 7.50). I found a beautiful sun terrace on which to work, as well as various corners with comfy seats and tables - both had power outlets nearby. The spa was closed and the cigar lounge quiet but I wished to use neither. The hotel was very good for my purposes and I was staying in the lowest of the 5 grades of rooms they tell me they have. Some high ones with balconies and views will be lovely and for a holiday one would want to be out in the evenings anyway. The strange feeling comes from the historic old hotel being bought by a Russian chain and run more as a B&B with spa and function rooms. It was good for work as the WiFi was working and I would certainly consider returning.

Room tip: Higher floors, view of town, ask for A/C and balcony, consider annex rooms - you'll pay extra for most things
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
BSchmahl, Manager at Heliopark Bad Hotel zum Hirsch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Mr/Ms SFLang,
First of all, Thank you for your stay, and the review here on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased, that you liked our breakfast and that you found our friendliness of our staff positive.
You are certainly right, that we do not offer any Dinner, but the request for that unfortunately is almost not existing. Anyway, our Lounge Bar is open 24/7 and we would have been pleased, to serve you, whatever you might have liked. Our SPA is open from 10:00am to 10:00 pm, but in the summertime we do not turn the Sauna on every day, but on every request. We would be pleased to receive a little hint from you in person, when you will be coming back to our hotel, so we can get the chance to meet your expectations 100%.
Until then, we wish you all the best, kind regards, B. Schmahl (Manager)

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

It was a real pleasure to spend a week at this excellent hotel. It is situated in an old building full of character and the superior rooms are stylish and modern. We had a spacious balcony overlooking the main shopping street and as we were on the fourth floor we also had good views of the black forest. Breakfast was always fresh and varied. Staff were helpful and very professional. Hotel is situated on the main (pedestrianised) street of Baden Baden.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mr Stefan M,
First of all, Thank you for your stay, and the review here on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased that you have liked our breakfast and the friendliness of our staff as well as everything else offered. I will share your feedback with the entire Team. We would be pleased, to welcome you again. We wish you all the best. Regards B. Schmahl (Manager)

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Large comfortable room. Nice view from the balcony. Incredible breakfast buffet with good coffee, lots of fruit, the best ham, bacon, and honey I've ever eaten. Thermal water in the bathtub for in room soaking. Friendly helpful staff. Close to the baths, restaurants, the park, and the casino.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr James S

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Fabulous location within walking distance to everything. Staff were friendly, helpful and kind with their tolerance of my English! My room was small but perfect for me; with the most wonderful pillows! Beautifully appointed with antiques, high ceilings, vintage wall paper and rug, but with a modern, clean bathroom. Wonderful massage and facial that was so convenient as it was right on site in their beautifully appointed spa. Delicious buffet breakfast served in a lovely setting; incredible value. No parking on site, however, but nonetheless, a perfect stay!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Phyllis C

Dear Ms Phyllis C,
First of all, Thank you for your stay, and the review here on booking.com.