“small luxury as its finest!!!”
Review of Hotel Belle Epoque

Hotel Belle Epoque
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Lausanne
“small luxury as its finest!!!”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Belle Epoque Hotel in Baden-Baden is a world of its own! Having spend several times at this fabulous Hotel i enjoyed every second of my stays.
First i would like to say that this is not a Hotel, it is more like... coming home to your favorite grandmothers house. It is very private and descent, if there would be no actual signs at the entrance gates I would have had never guessed that this is a Hotel.
The rooms are in a very traditional "Baden-Baden chic" and beautiful appointed in the smallest detail.
My favorite part of the Hotel is the "Tea-room" which features a open fire place and beautiful white wooden decors and one of the most beautiful porcelain chandolier`s i have ever seen. In addition this room has a glass exit door to the park which reflects an oasis of calmness and tranquility!
I do not even know how to express my opinion about the service as it is simply elegant, descent and personal!
It is truly a small leading hotel of the world if not the small leading Hotel of the world.
I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
BelleBad, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in Baden-Baden!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London
Reviewed 18 September 2011

For the life of me I cannot remember why I booked this hotel as I don't normally go as far down as 14th on tripadvisor when booking for a vacation. But I'm really glad I did. When I travel on business, I like everything to be where I expect it (I do about 130-150 night a year in Marriotts and Hiltons), but when I go on vacation, I like something out of the ordinary and this certainly was that. It started well when I parked up front in the rain and someone came out to hold an umbrella so I could get out of the car without getting wet!

I stayed in the art deco room on the second floor as a single person in a double room (I hate single beds). While it is on the second floor and there is no lift, they took my luggage up to the room and I had n trouble getting up there. It was nicely decorated and the bed was very very comfortable. While the bathroom was a bit small, it was fine.

I had a great night in Baden-Baden as there was a music festival on and the streets were busy and some live music in the pedestrian area. Even though it rained - I really enjoyed my time at the hotel and in the area.

I think this hotel gets a bum rating due to the person who wrote the duplicate complaints. I've complained to trip advisor and if you like this hotel - I suggest you do as well.

One other thing - if you are as poor at German as I am, you'll like this hotel - all the staff I spoke to spoke perfect english and did it without making me feel an idiot.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank thefrequenttraveller
Ennetbaden, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My partner gave me a weekend at the Belle Epoque along with a concert, Mahler's 8th (1000 voices) and dinner at the hotel's sister hotel, The Little Prince. I WAS IMPRESSED!! First our greeting was more than generous with our porter more than willing to assist with our luggage, but also to explain the room...we saw him again at dinner at The Little Prince. His smile and warmth really was charming without being too involved.

We arrived at 17:30 and they held High Tea for us, which was really a pleasant surprise. The room was generous and luxurious (the style might not be for everyone, but it is in keeping with the Hotel building). The bed was perfect, comfortable with an array of pillows..well done.

The breakfast was generous and well thought out. All was excellent. I have read some of the reviews below and some of the negative reviews are not really in keeping with the hotel itself but credit card issues etc...Yes, this makes a huge difference how things are handled when checking out, but our experience was top draw.

Baden-Baden was one of the most charming cities I have been to in Europe. The Baths (Friedrichsbaden) were some of the finest. All in all, a truly fantastic weekend, and the hotel was one of the best. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
BelleBad, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 4 April 2011

First of all, I did not know that two Credit Cards were copied by the Hotel.
After the checked-out , the Hotel charged more than 1600 euro from copied Cards without any confirmation and even notification and moreover made double charges from two different bank accounts.

I was in the Hotel there in the winter 2011.
Around the hotel was a beautiful, but closed garden.
None could get in even for photos.
It seems to me this garden is only for postcard and advertisement not for guests.

I arrived late in the evening and was very tiered, but after checked-in I had some doubts regarding the hotel’s rate.
Later, my doubts became true and this hotel is hardly 3 stars, in fact.

My dressing gown was dirty, slippers were not in the room and all trousers were colored with red color because of tear apart carpet.
In the morning I could not believed that I booked this hotel for 5 days.
All furniture was very old and broke down, bathtub was terribly cracked and hot tap is broken, also big several stains from dirty water were on the cell.

I thought that the Hotel made just a mistake and the money will be back upon my first request, but the Hotel had another intention.

After three months of negotiations, in desperation I write this message with a hope that this Hotel will not be able to fraud you.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DmytroL
BelleBad, Owner at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
This comment is another negative comment from the same guest down below. Therefore the same response as down below. Tripadvisor should actually stop duplicate complaints from the same guest. That is not fair to the hotel and shows how tripadvisor does not follow their own rules even though we contacted Tripadvisor 4 times.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Guest,
as per our confirmation, you did have a cancellation deadline which you did not keep. Please understand that we as a hotel must plan our occupancy and if you depart upon short notice and we cannot resell the room, then charges may occure. But, we even offered you full compensation of those charges for a future stay which you also turned down. Until your checkout you seemed very happy with your room, we even upgraded you due to your honeymoon. You never mentioned any problems during the first 3 nights. It is unfortunate that you now seem to use this platform with false information as a way to punish us as a hotel for the cancellation charges. That is not fair. We wish you all the best.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2011

It was our first time in Germany and this hotel was highly recommended to us by friends who stay there quite often. I surprised my wife with this trip and indeed, I made a good job, better said, the hotel did. From the moment we checked in we were treated like I never experienced such a good service before. We were greeted in front of the hotel the very moment we pulled up our car. The nice gentleman, I think his name was Mike, assisted us with the bags and accompanied us throughout the check in procedure.

The room was just lovely and special in every way with the all the amenities you would expect. Since our room had a jacuzzi I arranged a rose bath, which was set up while we had dinner at the hotel`s sister hotel/restaurant "Der Kleine Prinz" (just a few steps away). Another successful surprise for Emily (my wife), we found a very nice arrangement of a chilled bottle of champagne, fresh fruits and rose leaves which were made out of soap. Just wonderful.

Everyday we enjoyed breakfast and afternoon-high-tea, which is included in the room rate and just indulged ourselves in this really enchanting and romantic atmosphere in front of the fire place in the lobby or on the terrace facing the beautiful private park.
After a really memorable stay (5 nights) we sadly had to say goodbye to this place and the staff who really took good care of us. But we will definitely come back....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
BelleBad, Manager at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this review, 28 April 2011