“Loved this hotel - will definitely return!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel L'Aigle des Neiges

Hotel L'Aigle des Neiges
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Val d'Isere
London, United Kingdom
“Loved this hotel - will definitely return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel was excellent - we booked after reading reviews on this site and were not disappointed. The staff are wonderful; very accommodating, bubbly and friendly, and could not do enough for us, including providing food to our rooms when we arrived late to the hotel on the first night due to travel complications. Rooms are comfortable and modern. Breakfasts are excellently varied and the dinners are spectacular examples of french cuisine. We will definitely return to this hotel next time we want to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Miranda H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lisbon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The 50mt walk to the slopes and the staff are the best we can say about this hotel. The rooms are OK but not fantastic. The breakfast is good but dinner selection was a disappointment, don't reserve half-board.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HPMesquita
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

On one afternoon I actually walked around every 4 and 5 star hotel in Val to assess which ones are worth the money and the only ones that appeared to be so are Aigle des Neiges, Tsanteleina and Christiania. Blizard would join that list if you are happy to drop €1,000 per night, which we were not.

At Aigle the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are of a good size and the hotel has an excellent spa including (a very inviting) indoor poor, sauna, massage, etc. Perfect way to unwind apres ski. The location off the slopes is very neat. There are very few hotels in Val that are truly ski-in, ski-out. While Aigle is not, it is 10 steps away from the piste at the point where Olympique, Solaise, etc all meet. Unlike most other hotels that have one restaurant that caters to the half board residents, Aigle has 2 separate restaurants including the very nice Pier which has a experimental menu. The hotel really has gone into thinking about the small details of a visitors stay. Even though we checked out at 9am, they were happy for us to leave our bags all day, come back after skiing and freshen up in the Spa after having checked out at no additional charge. The only slightly bizzare negative observation was the strange odour on floor 3 (we were on 4 so it didn't affect us).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Scuderia_gal
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel two years ago and found it rather expensive (but so is everything in Val d'Isere) but good and conveniently located in the center of town, so I stayed there again last month. The staff, as before, were first rate (very courteous, knowledgeable and helpful). I was told that things had changed since two years ago, and indeed, this was true. My room was vastly improved over my room two years ago: much larger and with updated furniture. I wondered whether they had given me a complimentary upgrade. I found the room very comfortable. I was also informed by the staff that the hotel now had a swimming pool and spa. If only I had known that I could swim in the French Alps in the winter, I would have brought my swim trunks. I will do so next time. I did not try the hotel restaurant or bar, and therefore cannot comment. But breakfast was included in my hotel rate, and it was excellent (hot items such as eggs, bacon, sausage, etc in addition to croissants, bread, yogurt, etc.). I don't know if my review sounds particularly glowing, but all I can say is that I had an excellent stay at this hotel, and it was improved over my experience two years ago. I will plan to stay there again on my next visit to Val d'Isere.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank LikestoTravel15
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just back from a week at this hotel, and was quite worried given the previous reviews. We arrived late and missed dinner but were immediately offered tapas to our room, which was ample at this late time of night - I was very impressed. We found the staff in the restaurant excellent - Margeaux in particular was very good to us. We also found the staff in the ski room a real pleasure and were always so friendly and helpful. It was lovely to have someone offer to help remove your boots - I had a sore ankle and this was really appreciated. The rooms were always clean and warm.
The only reason this hotel didnt get an excellent, is that I felt the bar closed quite early, and there was not an option for a late drink for resisdents - which in hindsight is probably a wise choice. Due to the style of the hotel - the bar/lounge area lacks atmosphere but there are other places to go for that. Its a very relaxing bar with beautiful gentle jazz music.
Overall - a good choice - its so convenient - you can nearly ski back to the hotel!
I would definitely go back. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends