“Good food, friendly staff”

Daniel et Denise - Crequi
Ranked #108 of 3,467 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

If you want to experience the typical Lyon food, this is the place to go! Great food and friendly staff!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I feel like this is one of those places that used to be very good and as a result got a lot of high ratings on TripAdvisor (and other sites), but then people started showing up in mass quantities because of the reviews and so the restaurant has had to produce mass quantities of food and as a result the quality is suffering.

The poached egg was excellent, but the fish was quite rubbery and the accompanying side dishes (fried potatoes, macaroni and cheese, bread, etc.) were all very mediocre. In France, I expect these things to be above average (at least above the American average) simply because I'm in France. At a place that has a rating of 4 with 700 reviews, I expect them to be outstanding.

In addition the merely average food, the service was strange. There were only 3 people serving the restaurant, which should have been enough but they all seemed to be a little confused as to who they should be serving and when. It was disjointed and ended up taking longer than it should have (and I know that in France they like to let you take your time - this was not that).

Finally, the prices were way too high for the quality of the food, and the wine got for 20 euros for a half bottle was, again, mediocre.

In a foodie haven like Lyon, I have found many better options.

1  Thank nelswadycki
Reviewed 9 July 2017

The famous one, the fanciest one. I am talking about le bouchon. Daniel et Denise is not typical. You can eat there like in the Parisian restaurant with an excellent service and a white cloth. Food is also served at the highest level, but frankly speaking, I have had better les quenelles in Lyon; this from D&D is too sour for me. I also ate the famous pâté en croûte and I have to admit; it is not my way of taste. I was pretty shocked that the pastry is quite soggy. La cervelle de canut fromage was perfect amuse-bouche. Moreover, Beaujolais wine was one of my the best drink in Lyon. You just have to be there and feel it. Check more my food journeys on Instagram @rozkoszny!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We went on food tour earlier that day in Croix Rousse and had their paté en crust which was great; So we decided to try dinner at their Crequi restaurant. Great atmosphere in what I've been told has all the elements of a true Bouchon. Our food was tasty and the service was good. Here's the only issue. We ordered the Cote de Bouef which is a rib steak for 2. It was cooked well but for a steak at 78Euro it had far too much fat on it. It should not have been served as a prime cut. I've had the same cut in France many times and I know it's always going to have some fat but this was not up to standard for a place like this. By chance I had the first best slice of it, after that my wife and I struggled to find an edible piece. I should have sent it back but I'm reluctant to be that guy.

1  Thank ketel_always
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our taxi driver recommended it to us, but we had already found while doing our research. And believe me you, it proved to be just as fabulous as recommended to us. It is our first Bouchon, (sort of a Bistro but typically Lyoness) but it certainly was comparable to many of the one star rest, that we have tried in the area. The service was impecable yet very friendly and warm. If you don't like eating in tight quarters this is not the restauran for you, but I would eat on somebody's lap...if that meant I could eat here again. Simply the best Bouchon in town.

Daniel-et-Denise, Propriétaire at Daniel et Denise - Crequi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you very much. We hope welcome you next time in our restaurant Daniel & Denise.
Kind regards

Been to Daniel et Denise - Crequi? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK