“Must be in Lyon”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017

The famous one, the fanciest one. I am talking about le bouchon. Daniel et Denise is not typical. You can eat there like in the Parisian restaurant with an excellent service and a white cloth. Food is also served at the highest level, but frankly speaking, I have had better les quenelles in Lyon; this from D&D is too sour for me. I also ate the famous pâté en croûte and I have to admit; it is not my way of taste. I was pretty shocked that the pastry is quite soggy. La cervelle de canut fromage was perfect amuse-bouche. Moreover, Beaujolais wine was one of my the best drink in Lyon. You just have to be there and feel it. Check more my food journeys on Instagram @rozkoszny!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We went on food tour earlier that day in Croix Rousse and had their paté en crust which was great; So we decided to try dinner at their Crequi restaurant. Great atmosphere in what I've been told has all the elements of a true Bouchon. Our food was tasty and the service was good. Here's the only issue. We ordered the Cote de Bouef which is a rib steak for 2. It was cooked well but for a steak at 78Euro it had far too much fat on it. It should not have been served as a prime cut. I've had the same cut in France many times and I know it's always going to have some fat but this was not up to standard for a place like this. By chance I had the first best slice of it, after that my wife and I struggled to find an edible piece. I should have sent it back but I'm reluctant to be that guy.

1  Thank ketel_always
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our taxi driver recommended it to us, but we had already found while doing our research. And believe me you, it proved to be just as fabulous as recommended to us. It is our first Bouchon, (sort of a Bistro but typically Lyoness) but it certainly was comparable to many of the one star rest, that we have tried in the area. The service was impecable yet very friendly and warm. If you don't like eating in tight quarters this is not the restauran for you, but I would eat on somebody's lap...if that meant I could eat here again. Simply the best Bouchon in town.

Daniel-et-Denise, Propriétaire at Daniel et Denise - Crequi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you very much. We hope welcome you next time in our restaurant Daniel & Denise.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2017

The restaurant looks divine, the perfect bistro, and a really charming hostess in a gorgeous black and white checked suit greeted us ever so warmly and seated us.
Then an equally charming and professional Walter who spoke very good English took our orders and served us two very tasty courses.
And then we sat. And sat. And sat.
Although there were only a few diners - this was a quiet Tuesday lunchtime - we appeared to be the forgotten men.
Miffed at this turn of events we decided against dessert, even though I'm sure it would have been delicious.
But apart from this rather unhappy experience, I would go back again as the food and the ambience were very good.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We had a superb lunch there. Ham roasted on the bone (served of it) in sauce Madere was outstanding: if you wonder how interesting roast ham can be, try this! I've never know it with such depth of flavour. We drank a Mercurey vieilles vignes - a modest Burgundy appelation, but excellent concentration - this is where all the best Burgundy goes, not exported. Highly recommended.