“Excellent service until it wasn't.?”

Daniel et Denise - Crequi
Ranked #108 of 3,467 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2017

The restaurant looks divine, the perfect bistro, and a really charming hostess in a gorgeous black and white checked suit greeted us ever so warmly and seated us.
Then an equally charming and professional Walter who spoke very good English took our orders and served us two very tasty courses.
And then we sat. And sat. And sat.
Although there were only a few diners - this was a quiet Tuesday lunchtime - we appeared to be the forgotten men.
Miffed at this turn of events we decided against dessert, even though I'm sure it would have been delicious.
But apart from this rather unhappy experience, I would go back again as the food and the ambience were very good.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We had a superb lunch there. Ham roasted on the bone (served of it) in sauce Madere was outstanding: if you wonder how interesting roast ham can be, try this! I've never know it with such depth of flavour. We drank a Mercurey vieilles vignes - a modest Burgundy appelation, but excellent concentration - this is where all the best Burgundy goes, not exported. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I loved my meal. I mean loved it. I still think about the Chicken with Morels. I want more now. There was nothing light about it. Just perfect.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

This was the most wonderful little gem we found in Lyon, the highlight of our trip ! I started with a sort of cold pea soup with salty radish slices and and a poached egg, I don't really even know what was in it but it was insanely delicious. For the main dish I had an amazingly tender pork confit with a macaroni gratin and parsley potatoes, so mouthwatering. We had a nice "pot" of red wine, and most importantly fantastic treatment by the waiters and the absolutely lovely maître D. Everyone was warm and welcoming, and we stayed hours having such a great night. I highly recommend this restaurant, and it is very reasonably priced !!!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Very traditional bistrot with outstanding food and well selected wine list. The crowd was almost entirely French. We enjoyed the 'poulet de Bresse' and the deserts. Definitely for foodies.