“Quintessential authentic brasserie: excellent lunch”

Daniel et Denise - Crequi
Ranked #107 of 3,383 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017

We had a superb lunch there. Ham roasted on the bone (served of it) in sauce Madere was outstanding: if you wonder how interesting roast ham can be, try this! I've never know it with such depth of flavour. We drank a Mercurey vieilles vignes - a modest Burgundy appelation, but excellent concentration - this is where all the best Burgundy goes, not exported. Highly recommended.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I loved my meal. I mean loved it. I still think about the Chicken with Morels. I want more now. There was nothing light about it. Just perfect.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

This was the most wonderful little gem we found in Lyon, the highlight of our trip ! I started with a sort of cold pea soup with salty radish slices and and a poached egg, I don't really even know what was in it but it was insanely delicious. For the main dish I had an amazingly tender pork confit with a macaroni gratin and parsley potatoes, so mouthwatering. We had a nice "pot" of red wine, and most importantly fantastic treatment by the waiters and the absolutely lovely maître D. Everyone was warm and welcoming, and we stayed hours having such a great night. I highly recommend this restaurant, and it is very reasonably priced !!!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Very traditional bistrot with outstanding food and well selected wine list. The crowd was almost entirely French. We enjoyed the 'poulet de Bresse' and the deserts. Definitely for foodies.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Very good. Copious quantities of rich food.
The wild pigs head terrine was good and rustic but lacked seasoning.
The Cote de Bouef for two - for main course was spectacularly good, rich, tender and flavoursome as were the accompanying vegetables.
I loved the idea of the pudding and the simplicity of it, however the pastry of the millefeuille was burnt and dry and making the whole dish taste bitter.
Daniel and Denise have a whole window stickered window full of awards, so perhaps I just chose the wrong pudding.
The wine and atmosphere was great.
The waiter spoke to us in French, once he knew I understood the sentence he acknowledged that in English, continuing in French again, it was a bit like getting a lesson - great!

1  Thank Mariettanina