“Brilliant restaurant”

Cafe Luna
Ranked #24 of 3,760 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Superb small restaurant in old town, made very welcome and the service was excellent. Very small but good atmosphere. Food was excellent the fois gras was the best we have tasted in 14 years living in France, pork medallions and the beef were excellent and all the produce is local and explained to you as the meal progresses. Wish it was nearer to where we live, would definately go back.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Our meal at Cafe Luna ranks #1 out of all the places we ate in Lyon. Having an allergy to gluten in France is not ideal, as so much of French cuisine is based around wheat. However, the chef at Cafe Luna was very attentive and understanding of my needs, seeking clarity when he needed and ultimately provided us with a lovely taste of local cooking. The dish we split was light and, coupled with a glass of wine, made for a perfect meal for those seeking something less heavy. The owner/chef is the friendliest man who made us feel so comfortable. Oh, and the music was great, which is always a plus!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I read reviews on trip advisor about this place and they were all spot on. What a delightful find. Like others we had been disappointed in the food in Lyon on previous visits. We had mainly winged it and lucked out!
I was on my own and went early and the couple who own and run the place were so friendly and welcoming. I ordered the pork fillet and a glass of wine and was very happy with both. The pork melted in the mouth and it was accompanied by mashed potato, baby carrots in honey and salad. I was told by the wife, who cooked the meal, that everything was fresh from the market that day.
Thank you for a delightfully home cooked meal. Highly recommend this place for great food that tastes as it should.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

It’s right here! My friend and I decided to head to Cafe Luna after reading a few reviews on here and it was everything & more that we could have asked for. Small, local & fresh with locally sourced food; and the owners (who are also the chef and wait staff) were friendly, engaging & just lovely. The perfect find!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We called a day earlier to make a resevation for 5. Owner was very accomodating and friendly which made the dining experience much more memorable. Most of us got the fillet mignon and it was very very good! And the food made us feel very at home. The resto itsslf is very cosy and it is a good place to grab dinner alone or with friends. I highly recommend this place to anyone who goes to Lyon. 2 thumbs up!

Date of visit: September 2017