“Outstanding location, property, and service”
Review of Villa Florentine

Villa Florentine
Ranked #16 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 4 December 2011

All the positive things other reviewers have said are true, so I wont repeat them, other than to add my praise for the staff, particularly Anne Christiansen and the rest of the front desk/bell staff. We liked our stay so much that we checked out of another luxury hotel later that week a day early, so we could come back and spend another night at Villa Florentine. You know, I think they were as happy to see us as we were to see them; at least, that is how they made us feel. When I commented on arrival that when I had called the day before, there had been both a suite and a deluxe room available, but I had opted for the room, we were upgraded (I am sorry, I did not catch the young lady's name, but she was very nice) to an outstanding suite -- comfortable, great view, spacious --at no extra charge.

Room Tip: Junior suite was particularly great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shutterlab

Reviewed 22 November 2011

This place is perfect... the view from the rooms are worth the trip here alone...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed in the Villa Florentine for one night but wish we could have stayed much longer. The hotel was perfect. The service was outstanding and the staff was welcoming and helpful. The room was spacious and elegant, the bed was extremely comfortable. The view from the hotel was amazing and I was pleased with it's close proximity to Old Town.

The hotel and staff are first rate and I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Lyon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I'll start off with the bad, but keep in mind that I did give it 5 stars and would urge you to try this beautiful, elegant hotel.

The room was beautiful, spacious and had a fabulous view of the city. It also had a fabulous, direct facing view of the the people sitting on the terrace off the reception area. They were literally 20 feet away on the same level. I felt like they were in the room with us. We could pull the heavy drapes (no sheers!), but then we were paying for the view.

After some back & forth with the manager, they did move us to another deluxe room a few floors higher. We could still see the people on the terrace but at least we were looking down at them instead of face to face. Room was slightly smaller but still considered "deluxe".

Second glitch, the bar is woefully understaffed. They have all this fabulous champagne, aged scotch (16 year old Abelour if you're into that) and brandy but no one to sell it. Even after asking the desk clerk to get someone, it was more than 10 minutes before anyone came. (The desk clerk can't pour a drink?)This was 2 nights in a row. Several couples came and left. I'm glad we stuck it out because it is a beautiful bar and the drinks fabulous.

Everything else was divine. The restaurant was incredible and we had the most perfect table, right near the edge of the balcony with fabulous views. The food and service was just perfect. We will definately go back but will avoid the rooms on the same level as reception.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms adjacent to the reception terrace.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marylou431
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Jerome Montanteme and his staff did an outstanding job of making my husband and my stay a very memorable experience. From the moment we entered the lobby until we left 3 days later, the staff was courteous, attentive and professional which when added to the beauty of the hotel and its views made for a get-away that we have not stopped talking about yet! Lyon is a wonderful stop if you want to escape Paris or other big cities but still enjoy exceptional accommodations and hospitality. Jerome is a delight and believe me when I say he is ready for you to visit!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple