“Amazinb”
Review of Le Poivron Bleu

Le Poivron Bleu
Reserve with
Le Poivron Bleu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,736 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

My friends who are locals took me to this restaurant while I was visiting them. This was one of the best meals I had during my vacation in France. Their menu changes daily and they use fresh ingredients. I had the pork rillette, seared tuna and profiteroles (29 euros for 3-course). All were outstanding. The staff was also very nice/friendly. The chef came to many tables to say hello and talk to his customers. I would definitely come back.

1  Thank Gladys H

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We opted for the formule and had a fish mousse/pate starter which was very light and delicate (great for me but no so for my husband). The main was trout with a carrot puree. Again light and the fish was perfectly cooked. I enjoyed it but my other half found it too bland. Dessert was panna cotta - ok but not the best I've had though. Overall I thought the food was well prepared and had a light touch but there was clear difference of opinion between us.

1  Thank MalcolmA02
Reviewed 8 December 2015

We had our last dinner in Lyon (and in France for that matter) at Le Poivron Bleu. While the restaurant is small, both the food and the service is amazing. I remember commenting to my wife that it was some of the best tasting food we had during our trip, and the price makes it almost hard to believe. Also, if you're looking for a non-alcoholic aperitif, try one of their fresh juices. They are so delicious! If you're looking for a great way to spend your evening, I can't recommend this restaurant enough!

3  Thank David G
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We have been there in March with my girlfriend and we have been a little bit disappointed by the place. It was VERY hot inside, and we had a bad table very close to the door. Who likes to be disturb to let someone enter of leave the restaurant ?

Regarding the food, there was not a lot of choice in the menu and only one meat dish. The taste was fine, but not original or very tasty. The prices was for us expensive regarding the quantity and the quality.

So nothing horrible but we will not return in this restaurant again. It was not my best experience, you can find better for the same price.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

This little place (28 covers) may be a bit snug for some as there is not much room between tables,but the food was beautifully cooked and presented. There are only 3 choices for starters,two mains and three desserts +cheese.seems to be only one chap in kitchen and one front of house. We had the courgette + petit pois starters, 2 filet mignon of pork (my husband would have liked it a bit better done and with a sauce) but i enjoyed it.both had cheese to finish, two choices. €76 inc 3 glasses of wine + and an apertif. Good value.

3  Thank maura f