“Exquisite Food in a Friendly Setting”
Review of La Girole

La Girole
Ranked #15 of 1,012 Restaurants in Grenoble
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 58
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hyper-Centre
Description: The Restaurant : The restaurant located near downtown, welcomes you in a modern and refined atmosphere. On the stand platform or in the mezzanine area, for a business meal or a romantic dinner, we will look forward to sharing a pleasant moment with you. The cooking: Knowledge and use of fresh, seasonal produce of the highest quality have always been the values of our traditional and gastronomic cuisine. Our savoir faire, acquired from the culinary school, allows us to exhibit our cuisine and thus to share emotions through our setof menus and our selection of wines.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Every dish was delish, and beautifully served. A standout was the sea bass with fresh chanterelles (giroles), basil puree, garnished with a cauliflower flan, roasted yellow pepper and new potatoes.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Was take there as part of a business meeting. It was a delightful evening. Short seasonal menu offered two choices each for starter main and desert and a suggested wine pairing. Even then it was difficult to choose.
I will be back on my next visit to Grenoble.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Walking down Grenoble I stopped by to have a lunch there and liked the meals that much the we decided then to have a dinner. The meals were excellent and tasty and the welcome by the owner of the restaurant was extremely friendly. We got engaged in the conversation with her and it was like a family dinner. I've ordered a chanterelle (yes, mushroom :) ice cream for a dessert and it was a real treat. Highly recommended! And thanks again for such a warm welcome!

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I first encountered this lovely gastronomic delight in 2005 and have returned with every trip to Grenoble.

The atmosphere is wonderful and the presentation is top-notch. Most importantly, the menu delights the senses and tastes wonderful.

In this last trip, I had the veal medallions as the main course and an appetizer of sea scallops.

My only regret is that there are quite a few other patrons who are dressed too casual - wearing t-shirts and shorts. It's disrespectful of the other diners who took care to wear something a little more appropriate and disrespectful to such a wonderful establishment.

I will return on my next visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Really a great experience! My wife and I had dinner at La Girole to celebrate her birthday (It was a Thursday evening and the restaurant was very quiet) we really enjoyed our meal especially the mise en bouche: a courgette cappuccino with hazelnut whipped cream.