“Outstanding for the past 11+ years”
Review of La Girole

La Girole
Ranked #15 of 1,012 Restaurants in Grenoble
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 58
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hyper-Centre
Description: The Restaurant : The restaurant located near downtown, welcomes you in a modern and refined atmosphere. On the stand platform or in the mezzanine area, for a business meal or a romantic dinner, we will look forward to sharing a pleasant moment with you. The cooking: Knowledge and use of fresh, seasonal produce of the highest quality have always been the values of our traditional and gastronomic cuisine. Our savoir faire, acquired from the culinary school, allows us to exhibit our cuisine and thus to share emotions through our setof menus and our selection of wines.
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I first encountered this lovely gastronomic delight in 2005 and have returned with every trip to Grenoble.

The atmosphere is wonderful and the presentation is top-notch. Most importantly, the menu delights the senses and tastes wonderful.

In this last trip, I had the veal medallions as the main course and an appetizer of sea scallops.

My only regret is that there are quite a few other patrons who are dressed too casual - wearing t-shirts and shorts. It's disrespectful of the other diners who took care to wear something a little more appropriate and disrespectful to such a wonderful establishment.

I will return on my next visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Really a great experience! My wife and I had dinner at La Girole to celebrate her birthday (It was a Thursday evening and the restaurant was very quiet) we really enjoyed our meal especially the mise en bouche: a courgette cappuccino with hazelnut whipped cream.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed a business meal here and we had the restaurant to ourselves at first which made for a relaxed atmosphere. The staff were friendly and professional and although the food was of a good standard I did not find my dishes (langoustines starter and rascasse poelé) to be outstanding despite the €42 price. Nevertheless I think this restaurant is worth a visit if you would like to sample French cuisine.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

This was actually second on our list of placs to try, because the first restaurant we had chosen in the same area was all reserved. Giroles had one table for 4 left and we took it. Memorable meal from start to finish; I had the smoked-grilled beef with gratin dauphinois the local specialty), my colleagues had the St-Jacques; all of it brilliant, as were the desserts afterwards. Cuisine is inventive and well-executed, presentation of dishes very artistic, and best of all, the wine list featured wines from two of my favorite Burgundy wineries, Jessiaume and Jacqueson, at very reasonable prices. My only complaint- bigger serving of gratin please, because I love it!
Worth a visit next time I'm in Grenoble!

1  Thank CanSwissTraveller
Reviewed 25 September 2014

Wow... And that's no lie... Exceptional

We Dined Like Kings. Very talented Mom & Pop organisation with a gifted 'Pop' in the back making Gastro-Magic and 'Mom' front of house ensuring everyone has a very good time.

I'm running out of superlatives... I know sometimes its about how you feel before you arrive and who you're eating with... But book it

NB: We went on Friday Night and it did get busy.

Exceptional Service, Lovely people who, if encouraged, will come out of the kitchen and introduce themselves, Fantastic Food and a Wine Card to truly ponder (And they know each and every one)...

In my personal Top 10...