All reviewstrain stationhouse bandmont blancopposite hotellively barwifi signalbreakfast was excellenthalf boardfirst floornoise from the streethaute routedu midilarge bathroombrevent liftboot roompublic areasbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I spent a week with my family in Chamonix over the Christmas holidays, and we chose the Gustavo's because it was much cheaper than its neighbours. We were initially worried about other reviews left previously, but if these were correct then the staff have done much hard work to make the hotel enjoyable to stay in and good value for money.

The room I stayed in was a small two bed room with an en suite. It had just been renovated and so we were the first to stay there. It was tastefully decorated and the beds were very comfortable - I always had a great night sleep. The bathroom was good too and the underfloor heating was nice on cold mornings. The only room problem we had was that the drain didn't clear properly because it had rubble from the redecoration in it, but when I mentioned this to the receptionist he immediately came and resolved the problem which was great.

The food was a real suprise, good sized portions with gourmet style food. Every night had three courses, with one night having four. The only downside to the food was that the wait between courses was quite long, however there was free bread and water so we were not starving. Breakfast was very good, with a large buffet with hot and cold options as well as fresh coffee and juices.

The best part of the whole hotel is the 'Chambre Neuf' bar, which is home to a fantastic cover band called 'No Limits'. The atmosphere is fantastic, and they play two 1h sets of a wide range of songs. We checked other places in Chamonix but we couldn't find better aprés ski than this. However this does mean the bar gets busy, so I hope you like crowds! The drinks are also quite expensive.

The worst part of the hotel is possibly the boot room, which is essentially a shed outside the hotel. Whilst this is a secure way to store your equipment, it is quite small and there aren't enough racks for the number of rooms. This makes it a free for all for where to put things. There aren't any boot racks either so you have to take your boots up to your rooms, but the staff are fine with this and floor towels are provided to put boots on next to the radiator.

Overall the staff have been very friendly and helpful and the experience has been excellent for the money paid. I would certainly come to the Gustavia again, and would reccomend it to others also.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Had a long lunch at the Langley Hotel Gustavia this afternoon. Incredible soup - but not sure how this reflects on the menu more broadly. Two great staff taking orders - but surrounded by disinterested and rude staff otherwise. The toilets at the hotel were grossly unclean and entirely unhygienic. One door was missing a toilet and patrons were using it regardless. Unacceptable. Don't rush to the Hotel Gustavia.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I have travelled to many different cities and countries and have stayed in numerous hotels and hostels and this has to be by far the worst. I would never recommend staying here to anyone, the staff were clearly bored and not interested in their job and were obviously understaffed. Food was average at best, never visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank anonymousdoctor007
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed two nights in the Langley Hotel Gustavia at the end of hiking the Tour du Mont Blanc, booked by our British outfitter. It is a comfortable, centrally-located hotel that was ideal for our stay--close to the center with restaurants and to the train station. Service was swift and efficient. Breakfast buffet was excellent with a variety of dishes and good coffee. We had the fixed-price lunch on arrival and thought it excellent. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I can't think of a better title for the review. What I liked about Langley Hotel Gustovia is that the hotel is situated right on the opposite side of the Chamonix Mont Blanc Station. Location-wise is excellent. I do not find the hotel to be dirty. We had a twin bed with the mont blanc view on the 2nd floor. The view was just perfect, breathtaking and picturesque. The bathroom was really minuscule and water splashed everywhere after a shower. Otherwise, it was neat, small and clean. The receptionists were ok; I wouldn't call them to be that friendly. They were not rude; they just did their jobs. The hotel is under external renovation so we could not see the beauty of it. Otherwise, a good hotel that I can recommend. :) P.S. wifi worked in all rooms, too....and not just in public areas.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple