“Beautiful Hotel in a charming location.”

Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Chamonix is beutiful small town and thanks to SOTC who arranged the tour in such a way that we experienced the aroma of this small yet wonderful place with breath taking view of Mount Blanc.
This hotel arranged by our agent was wonderful. Very neat and clean, nice rooms, nice restaurant. Staff was very cordial. Provided tea kettle in the room which was very useful for us for making bed tea in the morning. Parking for cars and buses was just outside the main building.
Location of the Hotel was wonderful, just below snow clad mountains but slightly away from town. So we could not enjoy the beauty of Chamonix town and we had very short stay of just one night. Good breakfast was served and overall, the stay was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are very good as they are facing road.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Biala_161
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights on a climbing trip. We will definitely stay here again!

Service - front desk and housekeeping staff were incredibly friendly.

Our room - we had a fantastic view of the Les Bossons Glacier. There was a mini fridge, so we bought most of our food and kept it in the room (we did not eat at their restaurant). Free wi-fi. Towel heater in bathroom. Eco-friendly (refillable) body wash/shampoo dispenser in shower. Very large window that opens up - hello fresh air and beautiful view!

The spa - we used the spa almost every day. It was clean and the sauna was our favorite. The pool is refreshing but not too cold. My only complaint, is the hot tub was not very warm. Great views of the mountains from the pool and hot tub.

Getting around - we rented a car, so we did not have any issues getting around town from the location. It is right off the main highway so there was easy access driving to Chamonix. It was only a 5 min drive.

The grounds - free parking, playground in back, very quiet area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The hotel is located far away from the chamonix centre & there is no mode of good or convenient transport or conveyance. We were there with our family including my parents & children. The breakfast in the hotel is very bad & limited and found not as per any 4 star category. There is very limited knowledge to the front office staff about the mode of transportation to the chamonix centre as well as there own hotel rules & regulations. We faced several service issues right from check in to check out. We have made online booking & had paid all our stay online in advance by card. During check in I was asked to very the card details to which I handover the card thru which the payment was made, without my knowledge the hotel staff directly debited 240 Euros as an advance which was only know to me when I received initimation from the bank. When asked about the same the hotel staff informed us as their standard procedure which I obviously objected as if I was asked about the same I would have given my preference to them either to debit additional security deposit thru card or cash. Also the security deposit I found was too high as it was almost 50% of the cost of our 3 nights stay which was already been paid in advance. During the checkout we requested the hotel to settle our bill amount by the deposit debited while check in to which hotel staff after their internal verification of 1 hour told that there is no security deposit seen in there records which was deny to my card while check in where as in my card account the amount was already been debited & the same had been intimated by band via email n SMS. Still they took additional cash from me to settle the bill which was very absurd. Also my 6 old son was having fever so we had request them for some corn flakes with hot milk @ 11am which was denied by the hotel staff as they don't serve anything after 10am. Inspite of the several request it was repeatedly denied as they serve no food between 10am to 7pm on the contarary we were asked to travel all the way to chamonix centre for any food with no means of transport mode at that time. Over all very disappointing, bad experience with below standard services for any 4 star hotel or any leading well known hotel group.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed at Mercure Les Bossons last february for 4 days. The hotel is a bit far from the town centre, but easily reachable by car or the city bus. The room was not very large, but it was comfortable and silent. The jacuzzi was great and the indoor swimming pool was just ok, too cold for me. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant twice, the food was good. The hotel offers a ski rental booth at the basement, and free individual storage for the equipment. If you don't mind staying away from the town centre (less than 10 minutes by car), I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Wow... what a picturesque town Chamonix is and what a wonderful little hotel Mercure Chamonix Les Boston is... the location scores the most - located at the foothills of Mont Blanc (Mount Chamonix) it gives you spectacular views of snow clad mountain ranges the moment you step out of the hotel and from some rooms too... right behind the main hotel building are these snow clad mountains...

The hotel serves good breakfast however there were limited choices for Vegetarians like us but still we could get more than a few items to have for the breakfast.

Rooms are relatively small but cosy and comfortable with all modern amenities.

If you're looking for a quiet vacation for 3-4 days in the mountains in France than Chamonix is the place and Mercure Chamonix Les Bosson is the hotel according to me...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends