“Ask for a canal view”
Review of Hotel de Savoie

Hotel de Savoie
Ranked #44 of 47 Hotels in Annecy
Reviewed 29 September 2007

The room we had was very French, sort of basic and charming.
Being on a corner, the room had two windows, each affording a different beautiful view. Thrilling, especially at night.
Hotel de Savoie ticks all the right boxes...clean, comfortable, friendly, well-located, interesting building, good breakfast., value for money. Waht more could you ask for?

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 February 2007

A friend and I decided to take a little tour of France over our winter break. I did all the hotel research and booked all of our stays. This was supposed to be our little splurge place. It was not worth it. For all of our other hotels, I researched and cross checked extensively- for Annecy I did not and I regretted it.

We stayed in a non-canal facing room, one of the less expensive ones, and we had a lovely little balcony...which overlooked the dumpsters in the alley. I think perhaps as young American students, the hotel staff gave us the worst room in the place, the very first room on the first floor, quite literaly three steps from the reception desk. In the morning we heard every single other hotel guest come down the stairs and into the reception room for breakfast. I've heard that you should never accept the first room they offer you in Europe- I never had that problem in any of the other places I stayed on our trip, but for this hotel, I wish I had had the guts to speak up and get my money's worth! To add insult to injury the room was very poorly decorated with old beding and ugly cheap looking oriental lamps. I found several hairs in the bed which were not mine or my friends. On the other hand, the bathroom looked like it had recently been renovated and it was rather spacious, nice, and clean.

I suppose I would have to sum up this review by saying that I would not advise other travelers to stay in one of the cheaper rooms in this hotel- either go for the canal room or find another place. And under no circumstances accept that first room on the first floor!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sydneyb64
Reviewed 27 July 2006

Just returned from Hotel de Savoie in Annecy. The hotel is in a great location and had a wonderful view looking onto the canal and market area; however, was quite noisey in the morning with garbage and street crews.

Rooms were average, with a distinctive sewer odour coming from the bathroom. The phone was not in service, and the sheets and comforter were stained. We had a great time in Annecy, however, would stay at another hotel for our next stay.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dpharm
Reviewed 9 July 2006

Stay here if you want a charming typically French hotel in a wonderful location. You wont be disappointed, trust me.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank paulwacca
A TripAdvisor Member
douala
Reviewed 26 February 2006

Best place to stay while in annecy
room we occupied looking on the canal clean
services ok people are wonderfull there
Place we do recommand