“An incredible home away from home for a month.”
Our 'hamlet' offers a very large pool and whirlpool, heated by solar panels, for everyone to enjoy!
Le Moulin's award-winning Kitchen and breakfast room. 17th-century walls and provencal ceilings, with 21st-century conveniences.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Le Moulin's award-winning Kitchen and breakfast room.
17th-century walls and provencal ceilings, with 21st-century conveniences.
This part of the house was added in 1720.  One hundred years after the first part of the house.
A blend of old, very old and antique....
The king-size bed and en suite bath in our master bedroom... full of light or dark as night!
The bathrooms in Le Moulin are large and comfortable.
Do you give up??? She's pouring rosé wine, which is our national drink in summertime!
Terrace right Outside your Door, surrounded by our own 'Provence Paradise' roses.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jleeth
Wichita, Kansas
“An incredible home away from home for a month.”
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We spent the month of May, 2017 in Le Moulin, one of the fabulous accommodations at Provence Paradise. The house is filled with beautiful antiques and modern amenities. Being food lovers, we loved shopping the area markets for the freshest ingredients and then returning "home" to prepare a meal in a kitchen that is equipped with enough dinnerware to serve a very large crowd. I loved cooking in the kitchen and listening to the gentle turning of the "real" moulin outside the window. My sister-in-law came for a week, so we rented the upstairs bedroom and full bath. Downstairs is another full bath and a three quarter bath. Each of us having our own personal bathroom definitely spoiled us. The house is arranged with loads of space for everyone to choose their favorite spot. We set up an office in the small dining room, sat and read in the beautiful living room, had meals in the larger family room, and even fires in one of the two fireplaces. Outside, we ate breakfast at the table on the deck or lounged in two deck chairs located right in the middle of the loveliest rose garden.
We loved eating in nearby towns - Le Garde Manger in St. Etienne du Grès (fell in love with Françoise,) Le Mas de Capoun in Mollégès where we also fell in love with Michelle, L’Hostellerie de la Reine Jeanne and La Cabrou d’Or in Les Baux de Provence. In St Remy, our favorite restaurant will always be l’Aile ou la Cuisse.
William Moore & his staff are the perfect hosts. They have prepared a suggested itinerary for a two week stay. You can’t go wrong following these suggestions to savor the culture and the heart of Provence.

Pat W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just as wonderful the second time around”
Reviewed 20 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My husband and I and another couple stayed at Le Moulin for two weeks. This was our second visit, and our friends' first. We stand by the review we wrote the first time: this place is wonderful and William is simply the best.

I will echo the statements from others: there is nothing William will not do for you. We had rented a car that turned out to be far too wide to drive on narrow roads around Provence -- William spent an entire day on the phone making an arrangement for us to get a different car from Hertz, which initially claimed that it had no alternatives. His restaurant recommendations are spot on, and he has endless ideas for activities -- but never pushes you to do anything if you would rather just relax in his lovely property and enjoy the serenity. Other reviewers have also commented on the pleasures of meeting the other guests; William doesn't impose this on you but creates opportunities for meeting and mingling, and it is always fun.

The property itself is lovely, very "Provencal" and very clean with a great kitchen to cook in. The huge stone fireplace is so amazing we wished we were there in cold weather so that we could enjoy it.

We can't wait to go back a third time.

FJM69
Konigstein im Taunus, Germany
“True little paradise in the heart of provence”
Reviewed 6 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We are a Family with 4 Kids ages 4-11 who spend a week at Provence Paradise and had an awesome time. William Moore and his Family have created a beautiful and well kept little oasis in one of the nicest parts of the Provence.

Host: the experience starts with William and Stephanie as hosts, who helped us plan our stay in advance, giving us ideas about "What to do", arranging dinner reservations at some really nice Restaurants (incl. their advice on where to go with the Kids and where to go adults only). One of the Highlights were a fully prepared dinner for Arrival night and fresh bread & croissants every morning, delivered by William to our door. 5 stars!

Location: the Little hamlet lies very quietly on the northern edge of town, surrounded by trees and with an 8 Minute walk to the Center of St. Remy and a 2 Minute walk to open fiels for Biking or Jogging (a skater park is 5 minutes away, as are Tennis Courts). Le Moulin is an old mill with Stone walls, 2,5 bedrooms, a fireplace, a well equipped kitchen a big open terrace and a nice covered terrace on two Levels (perfect size for our Family); the pool is 20 meters away and only accessible through gates. 5 stars!

Activities: we had a full, yet Relaxing week at Le Moulin. St Remy is a true gem, we also toured Les Baux, Eygalieres, Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and there are tons of other sights you want to visit. But it's also great to spend an afternoon by the pool or in the Jacuzzi. 5 stars!

Altogether we really enjoyed the stay and met some wonderful Co-guests, incl. an evening of wine and Food by the pool talking and laughing. We'll definitely plan to be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall experience was perfect!
Liked least: nothing to complain about!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
mcdevo
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice, but not good value”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I should start by saying that there are many very nice things to say about this rental : the location is reasonably close to centre ville of St-Rémy (1.5 km) ; the swimming pool is very well done; the exterior grounds around the facility are attractive and well maintained; the staff with whom we interacted were all very upbeat and helpful; and the master bedroom and bath in the rental are spacious, clean, and comfortable; the welcome dinner is a nice idea.

However, I was disappointed in several aspects, so I will highlight those elements, for future travelers to evaluate how that aligns with their interests and needs.

1 – The interior of the rental is completely cluttered with an over abundance of dishes and knick-knacks from probably too many years spent at yard sales. There is no horizontal surface that is not completely occupied by unnecessary items. It was necessary to move junk out of the way just to use the kitchen counters, to eat at the dining table, to open any window, to find a place just to set down my own book. Not my idea of luxurious to be in such a cluttered environment.
2 – The web-site advertises the rental as 2 bedrooms. The 2nd 'bedroom' is less than 2 meters wide behind a big sliding door with bunk beds that are supporting thin mattresses on soft spring frames. The beds were uncomfortable and the width of the bunk beds nearly fills the width of the space. Not sure I would call this a bedroom.
3 – The web-site advertises that the rental is brought to 21st century standards. Well, the wi-fi has limited range. The television sets (~33cm in the kitchen and ~60cm in the master bedroom) are 1990s versions and in any case, the cable system did not provide any television service. I do not typically watch TV on vacation, but it would have been nice to watch re-caps of the Tour de France, and the morning after the attack in Nice, we were not able to watch the news. Not really 21st century.
4 – My contract included : “Nous offrons un delicieux repas dans un restaurant Michellin a tous les membres de votre famille”. I made it clear from the 1st contact that we were a family of 4. When we were in St-Rémy and I requested from the proprietor how we receive this dinner, he informed me that the dinner was in fact only for 2, not for the entire family. I did go to dinner with my wife, without the other 2 members of my family. The dinner was nice, but not in a restaurant that is currently included in the Michelin restaurant guide. So, the proprietor did not fulfill an element of the contract.
5 – We had several strange contacts with the proprietor. I had the sense that he wanted to participate in my vacation, and he probably had good intentions, but I had not factored him in to my vacation plans. Approximately ½ hour after we checked in, he returned to our rental, entered into the kitchen without requesting our permission to enter, opened the refrigerator and started to remove some food items and put them on the counter. We had to tell him that we already had a plan of our own, and we had no intention of preparing the food items that he suggested. It was just weird, and perhaps a little uncomfortable, to have someone who felt completely at ease to enter into our space uninvited. He returned the food items to the refrigerator and then offered to prepare us drinks. We declined. He then proceeded to provide my teenage family member with a cell phone that he said was our connection to him, in case of need. Well, I already had a cell phone and no need for an additional. The odd thing about that cell phone was that a few days later we actually called him on it to request some information; he never responded to that request. We also had a few additional requests that we made either by using the cell phone that he provided to us, or my cell phone, and even sending text messages. Responses were either non-existent or only a day or 2 later.

Overall : some nice things, a few odd things, and not worth the price.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: terrace and patio areas
Liked least: Cluttered space, 2nd bedroom not comfortable, proprietor inappropriate actions
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Genie0714
Los Angeles, California
“Far Exceeded Expectations...Even After Reading Rave Reviews!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I traveled to St. Remy with my 7 year old son, his best friend and his mother. We were looking for a place that was centrally located to visit other towns in Provence and had history and character. We found Provence Paradise and read the rave reviews. It sounded like a perfect place for us. We had no idea how perfect it was.

We arrived late and were astounded by the beauty and spaciousness of the home. It was beautifully appointed with enough lovely dishes for us to never have to wash a dish for a week. We kept noticing more treasures each time we looked. As late as we arrived, there was a delicious lasagna dinner cooking in the oven with a yummy salad, drinks, chilled glasses, and cheeses also awaiting us. They thought of EVERYTHING we could possibly need to make our stay wonderful!

Each morning we were greeted with an assortment of French pastries. The boys loved choosing a different one everyday. Then "Mr. William" (we called him that to distinguish him from one of our boys with the same name) would come by and help us plan our day. Every one of his recommendations was perfect for us - from horseback riding nearby to lunch and kayaking in Vaucluse to dinner with delectable dessert in St. Remy to a boatride to see Les Calanques.

I haven't even mentioned the pool and jacuzzi which we all loved as well as meeting all our neighbors in the hamlet. EVERYTHING WAS MAGNIFICENT! My only regret was that we didn't book for more days. After we left St. Remy, we stayed at a fabulous castle (Chateau de la Barben) and the boys wanted to go back to Mr. William's place they enjoyed it so much. I have traveled in Europe, S. America, N. America, Africa and Australia and Provence Paradise is one of the top places I've stayed...mostly because of the hospitality of Mr. William. I have booked a week for next year and am sure I will return again and again. This place is true to its name, Paradise in Provence!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Nothing about the property just that we almost missed out on booking because we initially tried booking through AirBnB and had communication issues.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$ 247
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing