“Hidden delight”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant while wandering around. We were warmly welcomed and shown to a beautiful garden seating area. The beer was refreshing and the food delightful. I had fresh fish of the day with seasonal vegetables and my partner had seared tuna. Both tasty and reasonably priced. Would go back tomorrow!

1  Thank Madison P

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I'm a vegan and I love funky places. I've lived and eaten in so-called 3rd world countries. Well, this restaurant fails on almost every aspect except service which was ok.

We are staying near this restaurant which is completely outside and really attractive... at first. Reservations are needed.

Our server was pleasant and helpful as we asked questions about the menu that was hard to read. When I asked if there were any vegetarian options, he said, "this salad, (basic green salad) and tempura vegetables." I asked, "no main dishes?" He said they could put together a vegetable plate. Sold!

My diner guest had bonita, squash and something.

We were among the first to order that evening, so the food came really quickly Nice. Great looking!

First taste, where's the flavor? Second taste, where's the flavor?

Not a single thing we ordered seemed to have been near any type of seasoning. The so-called vegetable tempura (beignet des legumes) was the closest to any flavor: slightly old oil.

About 2/3 through our meal, the waiter dropped off a basket of rolls.

Uggh.. We gave up and I asked to pay. I was told to go to the bar/counter and they would figure the check. Lessons from McDonald's?

Then, the nightmare began. My guest went to the washroom and came back laughing and told me I had to go see the washroom. I assumed it was ultra funky. Oh no. It's across the street in the working kitchen that is open to the stree. Ok, I went. Walked through the messy, not so clean kitchen. The washroom in the corner was REVOLTING. The toilet broken, so the lid was off, so you could pull up the plunger. There was standing, dirty water on the floor, and the soap and towel were horrific. Since the toilet was literally in the kitchen, I was horrified

So my advice. First go to the washroom (bathroom, toilet) and as you walk back through the kitchen, decide if you feel comfortable paying a hefty sum per person (with no wine) for tasteless food prepared in a very unsanitary kitchen basically open to the world.

Update: my guest is now in our very clean, hotel bathroom feeling very sick. And I'm not so happy myself. But you decide. Clearly lots of people are comfortable there, but if I want funk and squalor, at least it should be really tasty.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This is very hidden, in a deadend street but the atmosphere was superbe.
The decoration is very southern and there is even a "petanque" ground to play there.
The food was nice, made from fresh ingredients.
Nice spot we have discovered and just off the Old Port but without the craziness

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

No-one speaks any language other than French. The main menu was incomplete and everything we tasted was not corresponding to the price. DON'T GO

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Found this place last year and had a great experience. We came back to the garden and had great fish - cod and octopus - which were both a treat. Good wine too. Love the slightly off-the-beaten-track atmosphere. Great service too. We ended up paying 130 euros for four including wine and desserts.