“Very nice hotel.”

Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Saint-Tropez
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel.”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Although very close from downtown, this hotel is nice and peacefull. The restaurant is very good and service is excellent. Open all year long, this is a great place to stay. Charming but also very professional.

Room Tip: Jade is great, but chose a room on top floor so that you don't hear your neighbours so much
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Argentina
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Delightful hotel, member of Relais & Châteaux. Lovely room, garden, heated swimming pool. Delicious meals at the restaurant. Hotel is very quiet and relaxing. Tequila, the black house cat is always there to welcome you!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 7 October 2010

You must know I am hesitant to share this exquisite treasure with anyone... but they have earned our unselfish loyalty and consideration a thousand-fold. Don't let its off-the-sand location of this fine hotel put you off; driver, Cyril, will whisk you to beach or "centre ville" within a moment's notice. The reception staff is excellent, efficient, and warm, and they made our stay a stellar highlight of our three-country tour in Europe. We asked to stay another night, and now we can hardly wait to return next year. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aLITTLESpoiled
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Fabian the GM is wonderful The concierge is not experienced in getting the difficult reservation. The pool is relaxing,beautiful and low key. The shuttle to town is fabulous.
The setting is magnificent. The rooms are small expensive clean and satisfactory since most of the day you are out andabout. It rates an 8 out 10.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martincamins
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I really hate to give a bad review, but find I must at least warn other travelers to be aware of a problem there. My husband and I stayed at the Bastide during our honeymoon for three nights. The hotel itself is beautiful and the staff could not be more friendly and accomodating. The pool is so peaceful and relaxing and the restaurant has excellent food. We were given the Rose room (ground floor off the pool), which upon first inspection was lovely and had a nice sitting area. However, we soon learned that the room we were staying in had a massive bedbug infestation. The first night we had no problems, but the second night I woke up in the morning thinking I had been bit by a mosquito during the night. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror to discover I was covered in little red bites all up and down my forearms. We went to get a little anti-itch cream at the pharmacy, because they were really very itchy, and went on about our day. As the day progressed, the itching became increasingly painful and more and more red bites began to become apparent. As that I am from Florida, I am very familiar with what a mosquito bite was and these were much worse - most were about twice the size of regular mosquito bites, some were four times the size of a mosquito bite and swelled up off my arm 1/2 inch, plus they hurt and burned. Long story short, after a little research on my iPhone and an inspection of our room we confirmed that there were bedbugs all in our mattress. I had more than 85 painful bedbug bites arcoss my arms shoulders back and even two on my face (yes, I looked like a plague victim)! We told the hotel manager, who was properly horrified and put us in another room. I really can't blame the hotel entirely because they really seemed to not know of the problem and were very apologetic. Needless to say I had to spend the last week of my honeymoon covered in giant red painful bites (thank goodness for Photoshop for the pictures). They took about 3-4 weeks to heal and several left scars, including one on my face. It was a lovely hotel and I have every confidence that they have likely taken care of the unfortunate bedbug problem, but every traveler should be aware of what to look for in all hotel rooms and inspect them before they go to bed. Paying $800 a night does not guarantee you will be safe!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple