Hotel Royal-Riviera(St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,137
US$ 1,097
La Voile d'Or(St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat)
US$ 694
Hotel & Spa la Villa Cap Ferrat(St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 300
US$ 288
Travelocity
Hotel Carlton Beaulieu(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 158
  • Pool
Hotel Residence Carlton(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$ 155
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Hotel La Fregate(St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat)
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Reception staff were friendly , I was on a business trip and this was more of a holiday camp so didn't really suit my needs, the location was good , but we tended to walk into town for meals so can't really comment on the rest of the facilities , but the rooms I feel are in need of an update.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen h
Reviewed 22 September 2015

OK. Cutting to the chase, we had no need to stay at the hotel, as we live virtually next door. Certainly, the reviews on here would have put us off were it not for the fact we had picked up a flyer from the hotel saying we could spend a day around the pool with lunch for not a lot of money.

Just to make one little point... Previous reviewers have complained about an ant problem... the hotel is located in an area called Baie de Fourmis. That means Bay of Ants...! They don't bite, are small and perfectly formed, and cleaner than most insects I can recall from A Level Entomology...

We had a fabulous day. The location (as I believe everyone has already said) is spot on. There are a couple of vastly more expensive and fabulously starred establishments next to this one, but the Delcloy somehow bagged the best spot before the rest woke up.

The pool is lovely, clean, warm and inviting. The only irritant was that there were no cushions for the sunbeds so bring your own. In order to get a day pass to be able to use the pool you need to make a lunch reservation. The buffet lunch was more than acceptable. Not gourmet, but the help yourself salad bar for starters was great, and we had a choice of grilled fish or meat for mains.

In all, spending seven hours eating and drinking, swimming and sunbathing, in very agreeable surroundings worked out at about £20 a head.

As others have said, the reception staff are fabulous; however the waiting staff in the restaurant were a little indifferent. But heck, it was largely help-yourself, so we could cope with that.

If you're in the Beaulieu-sur-Mer/St Jean Cap Ferrat neck of the woods, and your holiday rental doesn't have a pool, give it a go. We live in Beaulieu and have done for 10 years. Best bet we've found locally so far!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We're a family of four (two kids age 5 and 7). We arrived here having read a lot of negative reviews of the hotel standard. We did not have a lot of choice when booking and decided to adjust our expectations accordingly, but actually I did not find it that bad. Yes, it is a bit worn down, but although basic it was clean, the room had a fridge and a terrace and met our needs.

Wi-fi is only available in the reception area though and it does not feel very 2015 to not offer that in each room. There are ants as reported and occasionally, since we lived on the ground floor, they would pay visits inside, but I was not so troubled by that. My biggest problem was that in our two rooms there was only one (not so efficient) fan. We were here during a few days when night temperatures hit 28 degrees with no wind and it was stifling hot when trying to sleep. I asked for an extra fan, but there wasn't one. I knew there would not be any air con, so did not expect that of course, but equipping each room with a working fan should not be too expensive for the management.

Apart from this we had quite a good stay. As seen in the other reviews, the hotel couldn't be better located, just a few steps away from the beautiful Cap Ferrat promenade and a short walk to Beaulieu and Villefranche-sur-mer. The pool area is also great and well worth the money. Both me and the children loved it and spent a lot of time here. The staff was also friendly and helpful. The restaurant we did not try, so cannot say anything about the quality there.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

The front desk staff were very nice and pool and location beautiful. Rooms are the worst and terrible ants everywhere. Ants on toothbrush and on clothes, ants ants ants!! Need a full refund. With my family in Europe for the month of June and have had the best time everywhere we stayed until Delcoy! It ruined our stop in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. Thankfully our next stop in Cinque Terre was amazing- Delcoy could have ruined my trip if we had to stay any longer. Awful rooms and terrible ants. I complained to front desk on 4 different occasions during our two night stay. Also wifi was down they said- no service at all.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank FamTravel2015
Reviewed 12 April 2015

We've been coming here for 7 years with our two children. The rooms are in desperate need of updating - they are 1990's low income french appartments, not hotel rooms. We have avoided the restaurant which was more like a cantene for an old people's home. It looks like they've made some improvements recently and serve a la carte. It looks OK now.

So why go here? The location right on the sea on the St Jean Cap Ferrat peninsula is truly awesome. The grounds are very spacious and beautifully maintained. It used to be a club type place where your children made friends and could join activities or hang at the pool.

The (new) management has decided that it wants to move on from the club formula. They have boarded over the kitchenettes of the appartments and increased the price by almost 50%. Presumably they want to get rid of the families and attract well healed customers to spend their cash in the restaurant. I can't see that happen. The rooms are simply too poor.

My kids are too old now and next time my wife and I will be staying in one of the other hotels which will provide more luxury per buck.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family