New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Nice Garden Hotel

Nice Garden Hotel
Ranked #19 of 211 Hotels in Nice
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic 2 Star Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My sister and I took our 86 year old mother back to Nice, France last week (May 30th-June 4th). She is French and was making her last trip to say good-bye to her relatives and her homeland. To be honest, I was really worried about the 2 star rating on this hotel because I have never stayed at a 2 star hotel before. Then having my mother with us, I really wondered how that would work out. I looked at all the raving reviews and still questioned whether or not the reviews were accurate or not. I even personally emailed two people to make sure their reviews were truthful. I am here to say, all the Trip Advisor reviews on this little bed and breakfast hotel were accurate. My mother had her own room and my sister and I were in another room. Both rooms (#3 and #4) had excellent light and were a nice size and overlooked the garden. Marion and Natalie were so wonderful and very attentive. I think that is the reason why people love this hotel. They are perfect hosts and go out of their way. Marion went out and got a special candle for my mother's 86th birthday and there were flowers in her room each day. My sister and I aren't "bread" eaters, so she substituted extra croissants for the bread. It was very thoughtful and we didn't ask her to do that. The price of the breakfast was very reasonable and it was great. As someone else mentioned in a review, when you first drive up to the hotel, you momentarily wonder if the neighborhood is actually that safe...but, it was. There are just a couple of interesting shops near the hotel. The rooms were very clean. Natalie helped us with the location of some stores that carried items we wanted to purchase; so that was great. We were gone everyday doing something, so we did not require all the extra amenities that larger hotels might have--like a restaurant, swimming pool, computer access, etc. In fact, there is an Internet site located near the hotel, if you want Internet access. The price was very reasonable as we traveled to Paris to spend a few days and we paid 4 times more for a hotel room where the location was good...just as good as our location in Nice. Do not hesitate to stay at this hotel--make your reservations early though as they are always booked.

Room Tip: Rooms #1, #3, #4 and #8 are larger according to my sister who got to see those rooms. Rooms #1, #3...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Samfeline
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

A lovely hotel in a handy location. Excellent service and value for money, we 're already planning our next stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NickySw G
Dorset, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed for 4 nights over Easter 2012. What can we say that's not already been said? Very convenient location for airport buses, trains and buses to elsewhere (Monaco, St Paul de Vence etc - all bargain trips at 1 Euro). Very warm welcome from the owner and staff - just the right amount of attention and help with trip and restaurant planning. Breakfast is served in a small communal room but we chose to take ours in the lovely courtyard garden - perfect. Nice large comfy bed and good hot shower. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1 - nice large room opening out onto the courtyard garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank L0afie
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I think my title has summed it up, we stayed at this lovely little hotel at the end of April for 4 nights, everything was perfect, only a few minutes walk to Promenade des Anglais and about 10 minutes to the train station, just perfect. We paid 89 euro for the room and it was a great size (continental breakfast is an optional extra). The staff and owner Marion were all just lovely, very helpful with tips on places to go and finding out train times, if we visit Nice again (I hope we do) we will definitely be staying there. It truely deserves in ranking in Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: The south of France is lovely, on our trip we also visited Eze (a must!!), train to Eze then climb t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank E L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed for a long weekend and every about the hotel was excellent. The hotel is located just a few minutes walk from the promande anglais and 10 minutes from the train station so its perfect if you want to explore near by places via the train. All the rooms in the hotel are good sized, very tastefully decorated and well equipped. Guest can also use the fabulous garden which is a wonderful spot to enjoy a glass of wine after a long days sightseeing. Price wise it's excellent value for money compared to other hotels we looked at in nice. However despite all the great things the best part of the hotel are Marion and her staff who were friendly and could not do enough to ensure we had a great stay in nice.
Alister