See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2013

"Worse than in Kambodsja" - quote from my friend who has travelled the world. Dirty, smelly and horrible staff! The woman owning it was like a hundred years old, smelled sweat and spoke only french! A man working there could suddenly come in to our room - NO privacy! The rooms were dirty, crowded and not cosy. The bathroom was disgusting! Do not stay there! The only positive was the location and that the building had an elevator - else it was awful!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were three girls stying there for two nights. It was the worst hostel ever, and one of us has travelled the world. The pink lady only understood french, and kept talking though we said we only spoke english. A guy working there were stalking us, and said we had to talk real english, though he did not understand us. The sheets were dirty, and the "kitchen" horrible. I would never eat anything made there. The straff were smelly and like a 100 years old. People were sleeping in our beds when we came, and they had to move. In our room there were beds everywhere, so we could not move around. I had to sleep next to a couple. Just don't do this to yourself. Nice were a beautifull place though.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Eli S
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed here in early August, even though there is no A/C, this place is ok for budget travellers....There are some rooms which are very spacious and very good for a group of 4-5 persons, For just 17 euros a night this is a worth option.

The facility is managed and maintained by two very old ladies themselves ,Guess at age of 75-80 they still try to keep every visitor happy and provide as much facilities as they can( Washing,Kitchen,Microwave,Internet)...this is appreciable. Recommend this Hostel if you are on very tight budget and can sustain few mosquitos in summer time. Location is another plus point of this hostel. It is on one of the main streets of Nice and you can walk till beach with in 20-25 mins.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank tapen4
Reviewed 16 October 2006

I was in Marseille and then I went to Nice looking for a place to hang out, to kickit and let loose...and oh boy, was this the place for that!

Once you get over the roaches and the dirtyness of the place...which for me took 10 minutes, you will have an awesome time. Those who do not like to party should better leave...this, is the party hostel and it belongs in the top ten underground list for hostels.
The people I met there were the best and from all over the world! If you can survive there the first day you are going to have so much fun. When I was there we partied for seven days straight...my most memorable moment with the friends I met there, was swiming in the mediterranean like at 2 in the morning.

If you like to drop it like it's hot this is the place.

as for noise...just ask the lady for one of the studios for two or three people and she will hook you up.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank partymode
Reviewed 23 September 2006

Filthy, absolutly disgusting. We booked on hostel bookers or something and didnt realise until we got there what we had let outselves into. The pink lady is mad and not hygenically inclined. I woke up with a cockroach on my FACE. There are no private rooms, we were sleeping in a corridor. Filthy filthy filthy. A nice hostel downstairs however!!! Do NOT stay here!!!!

Stayed: August 2006