All reviews old port grapefruit tree great place to stay lovely little hotel junior suite small hotel french riviera walking distance nicholas corsica monaco
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The Malouine is tucked away down a long drive and has a lovely garden and terrace where breakfast is served in the summer months. It is unbelievably quiet at night. The owner is extremely pleasant and nothing is too much trouble. We had a small room because we arrived at very short notice and all other rooms were taken. It was perfectly adequate but next time we would like to try a larger one with a balcony. No complaints, excellent breakfast, already pencilled in a return visit.

1  Thank PFRWarwickshire
Reviewed 28 June 2015

2nd visit to Nice, thought I would try HVLM

Location is the other side of the Marina, there is a hill to walk up and busy road but the hotel is nice and quiet at the back :)

The owner is very helpful and easy to talk with

Could do with sat TV but wireless internet worked fine

Room I was in fairly basic but clean

Overall I would definately stay again if visiting Nice

Location 5 mins from the Marina and small beach beside the port, bars and eateries about 5 mins away.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank WindsorboyUK
Reviewed 15 June 2015

The villa's lovely and quiet with a terrace where you can have your breakfast, the rooms are nice and clean and the owner's a pretty nice guy !!
We had a great stay there and we are looking forward to coming back !

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 15 June 2015

My girlfriend and I really loved the place.there was a bit of a sea view from the window,and a large balcony.most of the time we were wandering around town as the city center is real close.
still having a nice rooms makes it all: The bathroom was obviously redone and one can apreciate the care brought by the owners, for a reasonable price we thought.Out of four days we missed the last breakfast but nevermind we had to leave early.We know if you come back to nice we ll check the avaibility for this place.
we think also that the port barbour area seems nice and quiet .

Room tip: ask for a balcony room
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

I don't write reviews as I can't be bothered but this place was sooooo bad. A cute building which is going to wrack and ruin by with an owner just milking the nice bubble.

We arrived at midday and the hotel reception didn't open until 5pm. Fair enough. The room was a little rough and the shower leaked, ok I have stayed budget and had some of my best trips this way. The ants in the room at all times I could forgive. The lack of breakfast options for a gluten free person I would let slide.

However the severe urticaria and rashes from bed bugs I cannot let pass. Even a hostel has better hygiene than this.

Avoid like the plague as you may just get it here.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil H