“Great location. Helpful staff.”
Review of Le Meridien Nice

Le Meridien Nice
Ranked #80 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The hotel is in the prime location across the street from the beach. The service is very good, especially by European standards. The front desk manager personally helped me with an issue with internet connection.

The roof top bar and restaurant had an excellent dinner for the National Day fireworks. Had a front and center seat for the fireworks with a great view and nice meal.

Our room was East facing with a great balcony view of the ocean and overlooking the park. During the morning the sun is extremely hot and warms the room significantly, even with the light blocking blinds closed! Guess that comes with the scenery and weather.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
lm-nice, Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Harrispark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you appreciated your stay at Le Méridien Nice and enjoyed its ideal location, the view from your room and our helpful staff!

Thank you also for your great review about our panoramic rooftop restaurant
La Terrasse! The view from the rooftop is truly ideal to admire fireworks over the Baie des Anges!

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon at Le Méridien Nice!

Pablo Bandala

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

998 - 1,002 of 2,143 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Paid an extra $100 per night to get upgraded from a superior room with a city view to a deluxe room with a garden and sea view. This was well worth it as room was slightly bigger and the balcony was twice the size. Plus we got a room on the 9th floor which expanded the view. For a soft drink and 2 wines in the very empty bar cost us $36. Also the room was very claustrophobic for 3 people and the layout of the room is terrible with architects wasting much needed space. The toilet is separate from the bathroom and the toilet is so small that you have to reverse yourself in to squeeze between the door and the toilet bowl, also in the small toilet there is no wash basin for your hands so you have to hope the bathroom is free to wash your hands. Housekeeping was generally very good and all other staff in general were good and dealt with all our needs. We didn't try the pool or the pool bar. All in all location makes this hotel, probably stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear James M,

Thank you for posting a comment on TripAdvisor!

We are sorry to hear that the organization of the room didn’t meet your expectations and we do sincerely apologize.

Nevertheless, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s location of and that the staff was helpful and have dealt with your needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

We would be delighted to welcome you back again at Le Méridien Nice and this time, you should definitely try our roof top terrace!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had used TA to get the best value for my money for an Ocean Front hotel near old town. Based on my past success with TA I booked at Mecure Marche Aux Fleurs and got the standard Ocean front room.

Based on the room being very small with one of the smallest showers I have been in and one of the worst experiences I have had at a hotel (I did a review on their site) I looked into other hotels after my second night of 7 in Nice. On line I got a rate a little more but not much for the Le Meridien, Nice. Maybe it was due to the day of check in, in late July and they were not full or what but the rate was in line with what I was paying at the Mecure.

Upon Check in the whole process was incredible (compared to the Mecure). I had just come from the JW Marriott in Cannes and that was a beautiful Hotel. Easy check in with great staff at the Le Meridien, and I was expecting based on my booking, a side view sea view room. What I found was a full on Ocean front room at least twice as big if not more than the Mecure with all the amenities you would want. Yes they charge for the fridge but they HAVE ONE. Mecure dose not. Just go to the store like I did and fill up on water, soda, beer or what ever your heart desires and replace it it all back on check out. My bill on check out was just for the room and I ate snacks and drank in the room every day at times.

When my partner saw the room she was just trilled due to the fact that she had room to take a decent shower that was doable but not comfortable whatsoever at the Mecure.

With so many outstanding restaurants within minutes my partner and I never ate at the Le Meridian (sorry Meridian) but everything from breakfast, lunch and some of the best dinners I have had were a short walk down the street to the Pedestrian only walk way near the Meridian where most of the shopping is and then just a few minutes past that Old Town where we ate 3 different nights.

While at the Meridian I used the pool (yes it is very small and only a hand full of chairs but who else gives you the pool option?) I saw the roof top lounge overlooking the full sea, full with families and locals enjoying the view and therefore I assume a great meeting spot and good food. dose Mecure have that? No, by the way!

Yes, I paid for internet and they have a 3 day discount but even with this added cost the full on amenities, location and room were miles apart better from the Mecure.

Based on reviews I just have to assume I got lucky with rate and placement of room.
The only other bad experience in Nice was a taxi ride to the airport to drop my partner off for her flight which led to a bad taste of the locals for a bit and a nasty response here on a different TA discussion but over all the Hotel made up for it and the restaurants near by were all great.

All I can say is skip the Mecure and stay here. It is just too bad you cannot see both before making your choice. I am sure the Mecure has and it has shown to be fine for some but how that is, is bewildering to me.

Room Tip: Ocean Front if you can but any room in this prime location is great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear one4fun,

Thank you for sharing these excellent comments on the TripAdvisor community and for having chosen Le Méridien Nice for your stay.

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us that much!

Indeed, Le Méridien Nice has the most prestigious location in the city, at walking distance from the old town, restaurants and popular places in Nice.
From our rooftop lounge and restaurant you have one of the greatest views over the Mediterranean Sea! Please rest assured that all your comments will be shared with our team.

Many thanks again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is a standard business-type hotel, partly redeemed by a brilliant location. It is ruined by outrageous pricing. High room prices are standard for Nice. But add in, for example, €5 for a Coke from the room fridge, €19 to use the wifi (per day), €4 to listen to a CD (per day), and €25 for a cooked breakfast! There is a beautiful roof terrasse, but high prices kept me away (such as €11 for the cheapest glass of wine). The 2nd floor bar was usually empty, presumabl;y due to high prices. The air conditioning in the room worked poorly, making for some uncomfortable nights. On the plus side, the standard room was clean and quiet, and Reception was helpful. I won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph M
lm-nice, Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Joseph M,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely apologize about the air-conditioning in your room during your stay with us. Please rest assured that we will share your comment with the concerned department and will make sure that this won’t happen again.

However, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel location and its great roof-top terrace.
We are glad that you appreciated our helpful Reception team!

With our best regards,

Pablo Bandala,

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We went there on vacation with our 3 year old daughter. Upon arrival, the upgrade due to my Platinum status came harder than usual - we were already expecting it from previous comments we say here in trip advisor. We got a room with partial sea view and facing the quite side street in a high floor. The rooms are spacious enough for three - i don't appreciate carpet floors in beach location, so that was the downside in the room. But it is quite enough to get good rest every night. The room service is on the pathetic side, with very few options and the usual french friendliness on the phone...
The breakfast was very good, and the service there above the average of the hotel. The big highlights are the superb location and the amazing views from the terrace. We got the dinner on the 14 juillet on the terrace, which was the perfect setting for the fireworks!
I do recommend the hotel, as despite some shortcomings, it is the SPG service your used to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NunoGoogles

Dear NunoGoogles,

Thank you for having chosen Le Méridien Nice for your stay in the French Riviera and for being part of our loyalty program Starwood Preferred Guest.
We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, the service provided by our team and our roof-top panoramic restaurant. You sure had one of the best spots in Nice to admire the fireworks!

We are sorry that you didn’t get the upgrade as easily as expected.
We will make sure that it won’t happen again.

We really look forward to welcoming you again at Le Méridien Nice.