“Great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Meridien Nice
Ranked #67 of 204 Hotels in Nice
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great location across from the beach. The staff was amazing. Restaurant was good too.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The management of the hotel makes many efforts to bring Le Meridien in Nice back to life and back to LeM standards. It means a lot of reconstruction works, which - unfortunately - trouble your stay and will impact the quality of the facility for quite some time.
The problem is that guests are not warned about this, which creates a big mismatch between the expectations of Starwood hospitality and what you encounter on site. Also the rates seem to be still at the highest level not taking into account the decrease of quality due to reconstruction.

I think it's a big mistake since this hotel is beautifully located at the sea promenade, just next to the old town.

The re-decorated rooms are very nice and comfortable. Even if you need to reach them via filthy corridors (hopefully to be modernized soon). No opening windows + air-drying AC are hard to stand during the night.

Very exepnsive wi-fi, but you can go downstairs and use McDonalds connectivity 8-)

Roof top terrace provides great panorama views of Nice and caters you with drinks of all selections. There is also small pool on the top, but I was afraid to test it...

My recommednation - wait until the modernization works finish and only then go to Le Meridien. It will be a very nice place to stay. Will be...

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the seaside as these are finished. The others still have scaffodings and no...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Miramaks
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Miramaks,
Thank you for your great review about Le Méridien Nice and I appreciate your mention of our nicely refurbished comfortable rooms.
We are indeed in an ideal situation within easy reach of the old town and with panoramic views of the city of Nice, the Mediterranean Sea and its coastline.
I cannot but agree that our roof top terrace bar/restaurant is an absolute "must".
As noted on our website, partial scaffolding is currently in place on areas of the façade for a certain period of time. This is unfortunate but cannot be avoided.
Many thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Nice - hopefully, in the not too distant future.

Lausanne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed there during the oce slating world championship the first weekend of April. It was quit exciting to be staying at the Meridien and you can't beat the location! We were treated well at the front desk although the first room we were in had a foul smell. After a 45 minute wait, we were moved to a different room that was better in smell, but both rooms were fairly dated compared to what you would expect from the Meridien (among other things, we had stayed at the Le Meridien in Vienna just two weeks prior).
We then went to the rooftop bar for a drink. For some reason, we were consistently ignored by the wait staff while the table, filled with teenagers, right next to us got 4 or 5 visits from the staff. We left after sitting there for 20 minutes without a greeting.
The next morning, we went to have a cup of coffee at the restaurant downstairs. Amazing how similar things happened. Twenty minutes and two waitresses later, they finally understood that we wanted two cups of coffee.
Just when we started thinking that all 4* hotels in Nice are all the same, we moved to the Beau Rivage Hotel 5 minutes away and got way better (and more) service, and a sweet price!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sliceOfToro
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear sliceOfToro,
So glad that you appreciated our location during your visit to Nice for the world ice-skating championships.
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff in order to resolve any and all issues.
Again, thank you for your comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
However, I do apologize for the shortfall in service and hope that this will not impact the possibility of your returning to Le Méridien Nice.

Pablo Bandala

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

San diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I am writing this while staying in the hotel. This hotel is wonderful. We are here for two days traveling as SPG gold members. We got upgraded to a "superior" room and we're offered the free wifi for being gold status. There was construction in the room we received so we spoke to Noel the night manager and requested a different room because of some noise. We were immediately upgraded to a "delux" room. The room is amazing with a balcony and sea views. We are traveling with our one year old son and the crib was transferred from one room to the other within minutes. The whole staff has been amazing. This is an amazing place to stay with wonderful service. Starwood members also receive free water!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mariam N,
We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your stay with us at Le Méridien Nice.
I am so glad to hear that you have found the whole team amazing. They work exceptionally hard to ensure that every guest has a unique experience.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope that you will return in the not too distant future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We recently stayed here for 9 nights during the ISU world skating championship which also happened to be the second time I have stayed here at Le Meridien Nice. It is located at an excellent strategic location for one to enjoy most of Nice. It is conveniently located along Promenade des anglais and within 5-10 pleasant stroll to place Masena and the 2 tram stops, Massena and Opera Vielle ville. Similarly, the Old town is just a 5 min stroll across the park into Cour Saleya.
During check in, I was offered a SPG Gold upgraded superior room, west facing with a partial ocean view. The room is decent with a small walkout balcony. We used a router to create our own wifi network which works great if you have multiple devices. The balcony door is crucial to allow colder breeze and ventilation for this time of the year when the A/C in the rooms are not yet turned on and it can often get hot during the day and night. Apparently, the A/C in the hallways and lobby area have been turned on and not the rooms.
The hotel appeared to have undergone some renovation recently and during our stay they were in the process of replacing the balcony railings. 3 days into our stay, we noticed the scarfolding on the entire west face of the building. To ensure security, the balcony door has been sealed and without A/C , the room became impossiblely warm and hot. The issue was resolved rather quickly after having find another room on the opposite side facing east where the constuction has been completed. I would have only hope that the management had alerted guests of such an event to provide sufficient warning in advance so we can make an alternate arrangement should it be required and not having surprised us at the spur of the moment scrammbling to request an alternative. After the room change, we enjoyed the rest of our 6 nights stay.
We had the buffet breakfast throughout our stay and it has an execellent variety. They trays and dishes were replenished very quickly as needed when it got busy. Service was impeccable and I especially like the 3 WMF coffee machines.
There was another incident which should not have happened is the confusion with the room rate on my reservation. I had a SPG best rate guarantee rate emailed to me by spg.com for a price match and should have been on the reservation but the night before I checked out, when I requested the invoice to look through, I noticed I have been incorrectly charged. One of the night staff at the reception, Ma***** and her other colleague were reluctant to believe that is true and mention the rate is impossible and she has never seen this best rate guarantee email before. I definitely know the rate is not impossible since I know someone who has just paid a lower rate a couple of days ago. An hour or so wasted haggling back and forth and we ended up printing my emails sent ot me from spg and copy of my reservation for the manager to look at in the next morning. Thankfully, Pascale resolved the matter promptly and slipped the corrected invoice under my door early the following morning even before I could approach the front reception. It wasn't a big deal but this should never have happenened and the staff should be aware of company policy. This is clearly mentioned in SPG.com.
On the whole, I enjoyed my week long stay here and would most likely stay there if I happened to be in Nice again. Merci.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the promenade des anglais can be a little noisy when keeping the balcony door open at n...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends