“Best food EVER”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Medford, Massachusetts
“Best food EVER”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

In a 10-day trip through France and Italy, this was the best food we ate. In fact, it may be the best meal of my life. Actually, meals. We ate there twice.

The restaurant is tiny and popular, so make reservations in advance. If you can't make a reservation, you can order the food to go, which we certainly recommend. Or you can try your luck just showing up, which worked for us once. We were served by the owner and his wife, who were both extremely friendly and focused on the quality of our dining experience.

The pizza was amazing. It had all the right elements -a great crust, buffalo-milk mozzarella, and the best sauce I've ever eaten. I don't know how they make that stuff, but I suspect they use magic. I would have paid twice what they charged, but the prices were extremely reasonable -around 6.50-9.50 Euros per pizza.

The one drawback was that it was very crowded, but we heard that they are moving to a larger location soon.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Michael T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antibes, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“The only chance to have real "Pizza Napoletana" in Nice”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've been there few evenings ago and I could have a pizza like the one I can find only in my hometown (I live near Naples). The ingredients are great and the price really reasonable.
The place is very small (I strongly suggest to make a reservation before going), but I know they are going to open a bigger one.
If you have never been in Naples, and thus you do not know what original pizza is,
this is definitely the place to be.

• Visited April 2012
Derry, United Kingdom
“A great pizza experience.”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Finally made it to Les Amoureux after reading and hearing about the place. Was well worth the experience. Beautiful pizzas, served up in record time, and enjoyed with a very acceptable and reasonably priced rosé. Only 24 covers at any one time but this adds to the intimacy, atmosphere and guaranteed attention. On leaving I was told that they intend to move to bigger premises on Boulevard Stalingrad next month. Let's hope the excellent standards already achieved are not compromised by the relocation. All in all well worth the wait in eating here as I was not disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
“Must have reservation!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Waited for it to open at 7pm on a Friday only to find there were no openings at all. However we were able to have a drink while waiting for takeaway pies. Pizzas were pretty good (from the non DOC menu). Heart shape is a bit of a gimmick. Cheeseless olive & caper pizza the best.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Yemble
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thoroughly enjoyed...love the intimacy.”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having heard this as the best pizza in all of France, our family (9, 5, and two 40's) was keen to experience all that Les Amoureux had to offer. We were not disappointed!

The pizza is made with entirely fresh ingredients - from the flour in the crust to the mozzarella and jambon as a topper. Simply delicious!

The proprietor (thought younger and more handsome than ourselves) was simply lovely. He made us feel welcome and, moreover, part of his family. As it was, it turned-out to be his birthday - and we were ALL all able to celebrate!

With a queue beyond the door, it's no wonder that they're setting-up shop in a larger location. But, our preference is for the intimacy of/for the 26 covers in current state. Our hope is that the family-like atmosphere and individual attention does not suffer.

Do enjoy!