“Great location and spacious for 3 adults”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Pastorelli

Italian first
Any
sweetemil...
Pennsylvania
“Nice apartment - not a great location -”
Reviewed 11 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

The apartment looks exactly like the photos. What I liked about it, it was decorated nicely and you feel like you are really in France. Having two bedrooms and two bathrooms was a big plus traveling with two teenagers. Things I did not like about the apartment was that the location was noisy and we slept with ear plugs every night. Also there is no air conditioning and because the hot weather was so oppressive, and even with fans in each room we had to keep the windows open and we were eaten alive by mosquitoes every night. The elevator in the building has glass and sticky wood doors that push in the opposite direction that we found extremely annoying it is a very tiny elevator (fits 2) but at least we had it to take up our luggage. This apartment is clean enough - depends what you are use to. Someone else may be fine with it but we travel regularly and base our opinions on our own standards. I would say about a 7 out of 10. At first glance it looks very clean, linens are crisp and you see a modern European kitchen. Then I would discover things along the way when I opened the kitchen drawer I found them sticky, the handles felt like someone had opened them previously with jam on their fingers and never cleaned it off (or the cleaning people). The shower curtain in the bathroom was all yucky and dirty at the bottom, you know that reddish pink and black mold that attaches itself to a shower curtain. The fans that were provided had a lot of dust on them so grey piles would fall off and onto the dresser or table tops where they were placed. When I went to use the teapot it had "stuff" in the bottom. I almost just added water and was about to use but I put my fingers in and there was stuff in it (dirt? dust?) it was grey and gritty so I washed and washed and when I finally got through (so I thought) I could still feel stuff and so I put it back and never used it. Also the bowls and cups had chips on many of them.
We needed a converter for our computer which Nice Pebbles could provide so we went to the office in Nice to get one, I mentioned to the woman there were chips on the cups she sort of laughed and said "oh we don't charge you for that" looking at it from her own perspective as if she thought I chipped them and I thought we would be charged. I was saying it to let her know that someone could cut themselves so they should replace them....it was awkward to explain and I thought that I may embarrass her for her presumptuousness implication of my pettiness over thinking I would be charged for the chips. Oh well, they really are nice people though. Overall I wished I knew a little more about the apartment before going in. The apartment is fine but would be so much better with being" really" clean and having air conditioning because it would eliminate the mosquitoes and muffle the noise. It is close enough to old town and the beach. So it is not completely a bad place to rent. For the money we paid I would have expected it to be cleaned properly and taken up a notch in some other way to compensate for the noise, it's so-so location, and the daRn elevator.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Management Response
20 Jun 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your time in Nice with Pebbles. We greatly appreciate you letting us know what you liked, and the things we can improve on. The owners of this apartment have now installed air-conditioning, and we have put together an anti-mosquito package. We also now do clean checks on apartments, have secret guests & have Pebbles representatives meeting guests so this should avoid any future problems with cleaning. If, however, you find something that is not up to our usual high standard, please do not hesitate to contact the Rentals Office, and we will send someone to fix any issues. We hope you enjoyed your time in Nice, and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Madrid
Reviewed 14 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Hampshire
Reviewed 21 November 2010 for a stay in October 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
London
Reviewed 5 October 2010 for a stay in May 2010

Liked best: The authentic decor
Liked least: The chemical toilet in the main bathroom
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
London
Reviewed 3 September 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
3 Sep 2010
Thanks for the feedback.
Here's some information we hope might help future guests about check-in:
Our official check in time is 4pm. 90% of the time, we are able to check guests in early and we try to check them in as soon as they arrive (even at 11am) where we can.
Where guests can't check in because we are still cleaning for your arrival, there will be two options available for you: leave your luggage at our centrally located office, or we can check you in with your bags, you go and enjoy the start of your holiday and then we will call you when the apartment is ready for you to return to.
We hope guests can understand that we can never commit to an early check in, because we can't guarantee how the previous guests will have left the apartment.
Thanks - Riviera Pebbles.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 79
Night
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing