See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2016

I have stayed at this hotel several times before... but not for a number of years.... great location for a good value hotel... located in central Menton... 10 min' walk from the train station... and the same to the centre of the old town... and a couple of min' to the beach... booked a single occupancy, and got a compact double room... clean, comfortable and quiet, even though room is on a busy road... double glazed wndow... Excellent room air conditioning, which has been added since my last visit... breakfast is an extra, but a nice breakfast room with friendly staff... a small lift is available for heavy luggage as the hotel is on the first floor... Overall... very good value for the area...

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel, and 2nd floor upward have the best view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank shaun07
RichelieuMenton, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you Shaun ! Hope to see you soon to discover our novelties :) Boris, Community Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2016

My room (number 8) on the second floor was small, simple and totally charmless, but spotlessly clean, with a comfortable double bed. The really tiny bathroom had everything needed, except a hair dryer which was provided when I asked for one. It overlooked the road (though I could just see out towards the mountains behind the town) and, despite double glazing, was noisy until late when the traffic died down. I tried the breakfast once and it was very basic, but nice enough as far as it went. The staff were friendly and helpful. However what really delighted me was the hotel's location in this lovely town. It was a very short walk to the bus station, the tourist information office, the pedestrian area, the wonderful old town, the old port and the sea - ideal for my short stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Monica L
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Stage one of our Italian adventure.

The hotel is easy to find and we were lucky with finding a parking place fairly close-by, but you are in the centre of Menton after all.

Check-in was slower than I'm used to but the clerk was very pleasant as were the ancillary staff who also took time to chat about Bob, our dog.

Our first floor room was excellently cleaned, the bed comfortable and a good sized room. The bathroom was clean and again a fairly good size.

There's lots of attractions close by and we ate locally in a nearby restaurant.

My sleep quality was very good; there was some slight noise directly above on the next floor but that didn't last long.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Nice enough hotel but you get what you pay for. We were on the same floor as the reception which was really noisy. When people came in at night to ask something you could hear everything. Also the cleaners in the morning are not shy about having a loud conversation directly outside your room, very early!! Very helpful staff and friendly service but quite run down and the toilet/shower had a nasty damp smell. Again fine if all you want is a bed!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2016

We stayed at this hotel with a 4-year old child and it was sufficient. It means - clean, friendly staff, in the city centre.
In case you spend time at the sea, in the parks and come to the hotel just to have a shower and sleep I can recommend.
I would appreciate a small fridge.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family