See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2017

over-priced and accommodations are really poor, breakfast is as good as nothing, mini-croisant, mini-bread, mini-glas juice, etc. you have to pay extra for everything. the interior decoration of the hotel is not impressive/suitable for a 3-star hotel, outdated and looks messy in the dining area. no light on the halls and the elevator really make so much noise.

Room Tip: just go to other hotels
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

I have recently spent overnight in Menton at the Narev hotel. Even if you have nowhere to go do not spend overnight there. Room was very old: carpet, blankets (as in the old days), bath towels old and torn, broken toilet, small twin beds (army type), broken light in the bathroom. Very expensive breakfast (Euros 8) for getting one bun, one portion of butter and jam. I wonder why and how the Narev hotel is a 3*** hotel..!!!
I paid the mighty total of Euros 122 for 2 guests.
A very upset guest and yet used to travelling in France...!
Anne, Canada

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2015

A group of us used this hotel as a one night stop-off point in Menton while we were touring on our motorbikes. We weren't particularly looking for anywhere fancy, more a place to stop off for the night, get something to eat, sleep and head off the following morning. We arrived about 5pm after a very long day in the saddle and our first interaction with staff was far from welcoming. When asked where we should park our bikes, we were told there was a car-park under the hotel, but to gain any access (despite having a reservation) we would have to give over card details and passports. A nice trusting, friendly start!!

Gaining access to the car park was via a lift which we were pretty much left to work out ourselves. I then got told off for being down in the lower part of the hotel by a member of staff, despite having walked through the only exit from the car park which was clearly marked exit.

Room was okay, bathroom big enough and the beds did the job. From a location perspective, it was a five minute walk to the restaurants and bars in Menton. So, no issues there.

The best bit of all was when we got back at 10pm to find the hotel locked with no way for our party to gain access to the hotel. We rang the door-bell for ages, called the hotel (no answer) and we're starting to consider finding a bench to sleep on, when thankfully some other residents turned up who had the access code for the door - that's right, the one we WEREN'T given!! A useful oversight by reception staff... :(

Breakfast was average at best - nothing special. The receptionist also insisted in smoking like a chimney, despite a number of 'no smoking' signs being located around the hotel.

To close, I'd give this no-stars if I could. Was glad to leave and won't be going back!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else?
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2015

This was among the worst experiences I've had at a hotel. Disappointing and quite unpleasant. I arrived late, close to 10pm so the staff had gone home. They gave me a door code to let myself in and left a key on the counter (though they forgot to tell me the wifi code, so I couldn't use wifi the first night).
When I got to my room I found there was a constant stream of water dripping from the ceiling of the bathroom onto the sink and toilet. The room was humid and stuffy. When I woke up the problem was still there. Not to be too graphic, it made using the loo quite an awkward experience.
I told the staff at the desk in the morning and they said they would have a look at it.
I got back late that night, again after the staff had left. They had looked at it - the ceiling was no longer dripping. But I discovered this was because they had disabled the air conditioning and opened the window instead. It was a hot, humid night and I reckon I got maybe two hours sleep, I was so uncomfortable.
Obviously this was a unique problem that would probably not apply to other rooms. But the attitude of the staff, in 'fixing' the problem and not asking if it was ok to leave me in a room with no air conditioning in midsummer (they had my phone number), was pretty poor.
Apart from that, it's a good, central location. The breakfast was basic but not terrible. The room seemed clean apart from the bathroom. It was one of the cheaper options in town, but I feel spend a little more money and you could do a LOT better

Room Tip: Make sure to arrive before 8pm so you can change rooms if it's not ok
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

stayed there recently for a week no menu for evening meal you had to eat what you were given (which was only fine on one night out of 5) breakfast was one rock hard bread roll one croissant one butter one jam one tea/coffee .my room was really small and the patio door didnt lock the only thing this hotel is good for is ??????????? well i wouldnt say location as you can never get parked outside and when you do you vehicle gets bounced around by the locals.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo