All reviews few minutes walk old town stayed here for nights stay there again station bedroom seafront riviera
Reviewed 3 June 2016

We were shocked with the room that was given to us (number 30). Horrible. Extremely small, everything - the room, the shower and the toillet. The walls were dirty and peeling off. The blanket had stains. And the worse, the safe was totally loose (not fixed anywhere), just a loose box. Not safe at all. We complained to the front desk and unfortunately there was no other room available. We hated to have to sleep there. Next morning fortunately a couple was checking out and we rushed to get their room. The manager agreed although he said that the room was exactly the same. But it was a little better, so we moved. One morning the only coffee machine was not working. At the check out one more trap, the manager said that our debit card was not been accepted. He tried several times. We found it strange because we had used the same card at all five hotels and several restaurants without any problem. Suddanly, he managed to charge 50% of the bill and according to him the attempts that followed did not work either. With our I-pad we showed him that we had enough funds. But at the end we had to pay the rest in cash. This issue seemed very strange to us. After that, at the airport the card worked normally.

Room Tip: Keep away from there
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2016

The first time I stayed in this hotel it was pure for visiting friends. I have been coming back for 5 times as the staff is very friendly and nothing is to much. I never had breakfast because I walk to the boulangerie around the corner. The hotel is on the edge of the center, 20 meters from the beach, 10 minute walk from the station ( train to Monaco, Nice and Ventimiglia ) , 15 minutes walk to the Gare Routiere to take the bus to the airport in Nice, ( I found out that there is a stop for this bus 20 meters from the hotel ) . Rooms are maybe not that big but big enough. Beds are very comfi and nice and basic. Bathrooms are perfect. I will be coming back for sure as I have business in Menton but for sure I will be using Hotel de Londres the next time as well. Try it and you will see that it is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Best floor is the top floor with garden view
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank SXMFratello
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This is situated a few minutes from the Casino and the beaches. It has a nice garden area for drinks outside. Rooms are of course small, with our bathroom tiny. A/C good, insulation against noise fine, although it is set back rom road. Breakfast looked very ordonary, so we patronised thr many surroinding cafes. Beds okay and everything very clean. No fridge in room but there is a safe. One English TV Channel. 10 minutes walk to restaurant area. No parking and inadvisable to have a car.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

This was our third visit to this hotel. We were initially impressed by the restaurant of the hotel but now doesn't exist.
I had booked for 3 adults and the room was tiny, very dark as it was at the back of the hotel and the extra bed was for a child at most.. Considering this was our third booking they could of given us a better room.
I had to ask the receptionist to put us in another one that was bigger for us and they couldn't offer me another one other than the suit which was almost 50€ extra per night.
The breakfast was not included and they asked for 12€ per person and to be honest it wasn't worth 5€.
When we left we settled the bill that was about right and then later on they informed us they had printed out the wrong invoice and we had to pay an extra 250€ !!!!
I expect more from a hotel to try and keep their customers happy but they obviously don't really care.
I will not be booking there again and neither will my mum or my grandmother!

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank Sabrina C
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Nice hotel in Menton! We enjoyed our stay at Hotel De Londres, the staff was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Room size was small but ok! The breakfast was very limited. Location is great to beach only 100m.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family