“My second visit here recently and it will not be the last”

Restaurant La Passagere
Reserve with
Restaurant La Passagere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 196 Restaurants in Juan-les-Pins
Price range: US$ 111 - US$ 152
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tucked away on Cap d’Antibes in the quaint town of Juan les Pins, Hotel Belles Rives’ restaurant pays homage to its location with a focus on local seafood. Executive Chef Yoricre Tieche, who was awarded his first star in the 2016 Michelin Guide, serves a signature menu at La Passagere called the «Grand Bleu» which features dishes such as the new “Bouillabaisse from Juan les Pins,” which is served in three courses to represent the stages of diving. The restaurant’s dessert menu will still include a sugar blown dish called the “pearl in blown sugar shell,” the signature dessert from Pastry Chef Steve Moracchini, who was awarded the 2016 Pastry Chef of the Year from Gault & Millau. Designer Olivier Antoine, known for his work at Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo, redesigned the space to include contemporary pieces that speak to the restaurant’s sophisticated, imaginative and airy setting while conserving its Art Deco roots. A Carrara white marble floor with a vibrant mosaic center ushers guests into the main entrance. Magnificent chandeliers illuminate the room filled with art from the 1930’s and hand-painted Bernardaud porcelain plates, featuring scenes from the hotel’s surroundings. Colorful hand-blown glass created by artisans from the nearby city of Biot enhance the warmth of the space, while ceramic rosettes and oversized mirror panels hang from the ceiling, allowing bright colors to ricochet and reflect throughout. Additional design features include a mix of green and blue fabric benches, custom Ruhlmann chairs covered with celadon leather, tall white pillars with intricate hand-painted designs and oversized windows. Aurelien Vequaud has been appointed Chef of the Michelin starred restaurant La Passagere since mid May. Before joining the Hotel Belles Rives, he used to be Executive Sous-Chef at La Vague d'Or in Saint Tropez (Residence de La Pinede - 3 Michelin Stars, Chef Arnaud Donckele) first and, secondly, Executive Sous-Chef at La Reserve De Beaulieu in Beaulieu-sur-Mer (1 Michelin Star, Chef Yannick Franques, Meilleur Ouvrier de France). Aurelien is proud of his new position and looks forward to present his culinary creations, where he likes to honor the finest Mediterranean products. The hotel’s Pastry Chef, Steve Moracchini, has been awarded by the same guide in 2016 as Pastry Chef of the Year
Reviewed 8 August 2018

This is a really excellent restaurant. The location is great, the BR being a lovely hotel and the terrace having magnificent views. Service is also very good. What is maybe most impressive though is the food, I have had worse food in a couple of 2 star restaurants recently; the fish dishes and desserts are excellent. We did not have it this time but the tasting menu is also decent value, although the wine list is expensive.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

An unplanned visit to La Passagere but perhaps one of the most enjoyable meals I've had in Juan les Pins.

Please see my previous review of La Plage, Belle Rives from last year. I didn't appreciate this before but the two sides are not comparable, and as a consequence of this visit I now have a favourite restaurant in Antibes.

My wife had originally booked a casual meal at the linked Bistrot Terrase, but it was empty(!), so we made our excuses and left. The staff were very kind and understood abd with reluctance we walked across the road to Belle Rives - a place I thought I'd never return to.
As on the plane, we turned left into La Passagere, rather than right into La Plage. Despite not having a booking we were extremely fortunate to have been given a perfect table on the terrace front and during the course of the meal were afforded amazing views of the bay as the sun was setting. The restaurant was full so we considered ourselves very lucky.

Food was very good. My highlight was the lamb and my wife had the tomatoes then the ravioli. The presentation was excellent and the service was very considered. My wife is a fluent French speaker, but all the staff appeared to be completely bi-lingual - which was helpful for me.

I don't think the restaurant takes itself too seriously - neither my wife or I were dressed particularly smartly as this wasn't our intended destination. But the staff were all impeccable and treated us with real warmth,

1  Thank EdAl_Chelsea
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is on the upper terrace of the historic Hotel Belles Rives. It looks out onto the Bay of Juan les Pins. It is an absolute must visit if you are visiting the south of France. We arrived 15 minutes before sunset. The sun disappeared behind the mountains on the opposite side of the bay. Then the sky went through many shades of pink and purple before settling into night. Many boats were scattered around the bay. An air of tranquility settled over the terrace, the perfect atmosphere for the unforgettable meal that followed.

We all ordered the “Menu de la Mer”. In English they call it the Sea Heritage. Fortunately, everyone liked seafood because the whole table had to order it for them to serve it. Every dish was remarkable. The tomato and mozzarella foam was full of flavor and remarkably light in the mouth. The crab ravioli was delicious. The desserts were perfect. The menu listed a soufflé with Kalamansi sorbet, but it was accompanied by many other superb creations.

This was not a cheap meal but it was also not overly priced for a Michelin one star restaurant. I should also mention that the service was very professional and friendly. When one combines extraordinary food with a marvelous setting and exceptional service, you have the recipe for a top rating from Michelin. I would not be surprised if this restaurant gains at least one more star.

1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We had 2 excellent dinners, one a la Carter on the terrace. The second was a special Dinner Bacchus, with Champagne Pol Roger.
Food was excellent at both and the service to match, exactly what you’d expect from a Michelin star restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Perhaps one of the most beautiful sun sets on French Riviera that I have seen over the last 3 years , so it’s onlg fair to eat seafood and that is what we opted by choosing a sample 4 course seafood menu.
The service started off pretty fast , which was good , we were also offered some simple food for my 21 months old daughter;

Definitely worth the try is the scallops starter with pickled rhubarb!

Start of the dinner for us was the trio of chocolate desserts- ganache , mousse , chocolate shards and Nepal ice cream . Most divine and intense desserts I recently have .

On the negative side : we came after rain and chairs were not fully dried (chairs are beach type plated ones) so I felt a little far too cold and uncomfortable , had to ask for cushion or duvet, which I received after third time reminding .

I also felt that our main course of red mullet , was far too decorative far too small ...imagine : small fish , one spring onion and one red pepper on a plate with a side of potato fondant (cooked very well nonetheless)

I still recommend visiting the place , just make sure you wrap up warm , if you planning to sit outside

BellesRivesGM, Directeur général at Restaurant La Passagere, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for having chosen La Passagère as well as for your review.

We are delighted to read that your enjoyed most of your meal as well as the setting of the restaurant.

On the other hand we regret that some points did not match your expectations. Please accept our most sincere apologies if the chairs were not completely dried.

About the main course, we have passed your considerations to our Head Chef. We will investigate if something went wrong the day of your dinner as we never had a negative feedback about our portions.

We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back. In case of a future reservation, we kindly invite you to contact our restaurant manager in advance. We will be glad to organize something special for you.

Yours Sincerely,