“An authentic Asian restaurant away from the grayness of Cannes ”
Review of La Jonque Bleue

La Jonque Bleue
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 36
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I came across this restaurant while going for a drive by the ocean. Situated just 10min drive from Cannes with a relaxing scenery I stoped at la jonque bleue. The authentic flavors of the Pad thai reminded me of my days in Bangkok and the crispy pork was very nice. The price of the menu are reasonable, all in all a highly recommended place to go if you in the mood for a touch of Asia.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for La Jonque Bleue

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Let me explain. We, a couple and one dog, have been regular clients here for three years. Usually, we get a warm welcome from Lisa and occupy a 4 seat table with room to settle the dog. Not so, this week!

We arrived at an almost empty restaurant, just two individual clients to be seen on the 40 or so tables. We and the dog settled at our usual table. No one appeared for five minutes until.....

Wearing a look to kill, the duty waitress (not Lisa!) finally approached, offered no word of greeting and gestured that we move to a two person table while helpfully remarking that 'Vous etes deux.'

Had the restaurant been busy, or had we been warmly welcomed and then asked to move because a coach load of diners was expected, of course we would have moved willingly.

Neither case applied. I pointed out that reality and observed that it's generally a good idea In the competitive catering trade to be pleasant to regular customers. Of course we left. Medusa's stony gaze followed us along the quayside.

We enjoyed a brilliant meal (and friendly welcome) at Koh Sushi, just 100 yards away. Check out my review of that excellent find.

I doubt we'll bother with La Jonque again, and definitely not if Medusa's gaze beams our way. Sorry Lisa, but you have to know!

3  Thank roberty87
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Very good cuisine and friendly service. Lisa, the owner and her sister Melody, are looking after the clients. Great place to spend a pleasant evening

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Walked from Antibe to Golfe Juan where we stumbled on the very popular Chinese restaurant! With so many people eating we thought that this must be good. Well we were definitely right. Sat outside in the sunshine and ordered a selection of food from the menu! The wine was also good by the pichet. Definitely go back to try more from this wonderful menu

elisa b, Gérant at La Jonque Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

dear Gary,

I deeply thank you to have taken time to post on Trip Advisor your vey nice comments and Experience you had in my restaurant.
this was a real pleasure to welcome you with your wife in our restaurant.
In fact I have noticed your entire satisfaction of our spicy meal of our thaï food and I appreciated your comments regarding my spicy food that you find back in my restaurant.
You are very welcome in my restaurant and for trying new food degustation.
Looking forward to see you back .
kind regards.

The manager

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here with my dad for years and Lisa & her team always has been amazing hosts. Great tasty food ( bo luk lack !!) always served with efficiency- I will certainly be back as soon as I'll touch down again in the south of france!
Thank you La Jonque !

elisa b, Gérant at La Jonque Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Dear iacob,
Think's a lot for your visit with your dad and I hope see you next time !
the manager