2,531 results
All reviewsmajestic barriereprivate beachsea viewroom servicefilm festivalred carpetstar hotelperfect locationfrench rivieralarge bathroomhotel guestsfantastic hotelmini barcote d'azurper dayjunior suitepalais des festivals
Reviewed 29 December 2015

The best place to enjoy the real "Chic Cannois".
Staff is just perfect, the rooms are with no default (even the cheapest) and you have the best breakfast in all town, a pure french brunch with perfectly chilled Champagne.
An affordable luxury experience.
I'll be back!!
S. Sardo

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Sylvan S
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2016

Dear Sylvain S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. At the hotel Barriere Le Majestic, we strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback on tripadvisor is exceedingly important.

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories. Rest assured that I have shared your nice words with my team like an encouragement.

Wishing you a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many happiness in the year to come.

Sincerely.

Pierre-Louis RENOU

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Hotel Barriere is a "par excellence" luxury hotel in one of the most celebrated & beautiful place in Southern France, Cannes. Simply you had to marvel at the striking seafront building but rarely have we experienced the hospitality, generosity & Professional high standards of Staff anywhere in the world.

We did not know what to expect, as we sent an email to General Manager with regards to our Anniversary celebration. Responses came fast, that we would be well looked after & provided a pleasant room on arrival.

We knew Cannes is quite expensive place but quite a short journey from London, so we got a good deal on EasyJet. You can indulge despite having low budget compared to extremely wealthy visitors in Cannes.

I also decided after reading that taking a Express bus outside Nice Airport, would take us literally to doorstep of our hotel. They run every half hour & charge for Return ticket Euro 30. I know people may not be cost conscious but it was an excellent journey & punctual. It was common sense used, so we could use money for treats, rather than pay for Taxis, expensive.

We arrived liked paupers with the hand luggage, where outside security were waiting, when without giving the name they welcomed us with our names & wished us pleasant stay at the hotel & congratulated on our anniversary. Unbelievable start!!

It only got surreal as we were checked in quickly, shown to our room, which was on 7th floor. The room was spacious enough, very clean with a beautiful bathroom. Expectations were delivered within minutes, as we are not very demanding couple. But encore, knock on the door & a chilled Champagne arrived with canapes, which was not cheap I can assure you.

Knock on the door again, we were pleasantly surprised the Hotel had given us a present in a tin box with company emblazoned. We have never received anything before & we don't expect it either but what Le Majestic did we will never forget.

Holiday was less than a week but the reception will live long in our memory.

Breakfast is a wonderful feast of choice. You are spoilt with hot, cold, fruits, cooked breakfast, drinks, coffees of quality to admire. Even Champagne & red wine if you wanted.
This the first hotel where we were not encouraged to leave our table even as when the Staff were putting food away. Staff are wonderful, very hard working. We managed a few conversation & for the prestige the hotel carries, the Staff are credit to humanity they keep dignity & show immense genuine characters, despite the demands placed on them daily. Peter & Stefan were brilliant to us every day.
Peter opened the restaurant early morning & called me/wife to come down & have breakfast before our early morning departures. Incredible!!

We did not use the hotel facility much but they have lovely Spa, Gym,outdoor swimming pool. Hotel has everything you need at the highest functioning level but an indoor pool??
We were determined to use our time to sample Cannes as much as the hotel. So we had lovely lunches in Cafes, walked the enviable promenade, took in Theatre & Museums & the breathtaking views of glorious safe place that marvellous Cannes seems.

We could not believe how time just evaporated. Hotel is based on the very glamorous & expensive La Croisette. Its a place for the Rich & Famous, high spending Arabs, extremely globe trotting Russian Oligarchs & Chinese. You can feel out of place without money, but don't let it. You can enjoy as much as the next man & you don't need money to make you happy. Of course its known for place where rich people spend extravagantly in casinos & shops but that's a feature of any major European City. Cannes has extremely Rich visitors that's for sure but we have never subscribed to pretentiousness.

Check out the local Tourist Office for what's going on & you can buy tickets for shows too. Its 2 minutes from hotel.

Summarise, we were in a luxury hotel, given privileged treatment by the hotel & Staff. Its a wonderful location for you to peruse Cannes. Standard of cuisine & care is second to none. Anniversary treat we will never forget & would dearly love to visit Hotel Barriere Le Majestic one day in the near future.

I would recommend this hotel experience of a lifetime where memories are created.
I would personally like to thank the General Manager Pierre-Louis Renou for giving us a first class treatment & generosity we will never forget.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms on high floor, absolutely breathtaking views, waking up to sun on balcony in November..
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RMK_10
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for having chosen the hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes to spend your wedding anniversary recently.

We are Wow-ed by your five star review and delighted to know that you were really pleased with our personalized caring service rendered by our staff. Be sure that I am going to share your kind words with our team members.

I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for your generous review. It was a pleasure for me to make that special day an unforgettable one.

I hope to welcome you back very soon to the Majestic.

Warm greetings and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year !

Managing Director

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

There are many hotels in Cannes. Many unfortunately are not at levels in terms of international standards especially in terms of Service. The Majestic stands a place in itself fare above the others. I come here
regularly, and have seen the Majestic come up out of the ranks since renovation and new director Mr Renou. Special accolades to Laurence in room service who delights to serve you with a smile on her voice when she takes your order. Suite 621 is devine beautiful sunset from its terrace!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Archie8816
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Dear Guest,

I was really honored to welcome you during your recent stay at the hotel Barriere Le Majestic.

Thank you very much for your kind words as well as for your generous review for Laurence in room service, she was truly happy to hear your nice comments.

I am also very pleased to read that you appreciated the quality of our Service.

May this "beautiful sunset from suite 621 terrace" be a good reason to come back very soon !

With my very best regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2015

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

It was my second time at this hotel. It's absolutely wonderful! All staff makes you feel pampered. After a long day and a delayed flight the receptionist scorted us to our room. The setting of the hotel is just perfect, and the rooms ooze glamour... The real Cannes experience!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your faithfulness and your positive feedback.

I am really glad to read that you had an amazing time among us.

I hope to welcome you back very soon at Le Majestic for another " real Cannes experience ! "

Warmest regards,