“Nicely situated over looking the port in Cannes”

L'Assiette Provencale
Ranked #20 of 876 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Provencale Cuisine
Reviewed 6 December 2017

A nice enough venue, food acceptable but not gastronomique. Service pleasant, I felt they could have tried a bit harder on the food which was expensive for what it was.
The location makes up for the rest.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I booked this a month or so in advance of our arrival in Cannes since it was hard to find a restaurant on a Monday evening. This was well worth the walk from the Carlton Hotel. Cannes is so lovely and so safe that it was just a promenade! On arrival we were seated in the front covered area-probably the patio in summer. There were two waiters who seemed to work in tandem-they even had on matching shoes! To start, I had the cream of mushroom soup with shrimp, and my other half had Risoto with duck and goat cheese. I had the Octopus stew, and he had the filet of pork mignon with mashed potatoes. Yummy yummy! For dessert, I had chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and pistachio sauce. He had the same dessert. I drank a bottle of the St. Tropez red wine, and he had L'Enfant Terrible Chardonay. We also had the free tap water. Lovely dinner, top notch service, and comfortable atmosphere. Definitely a place I recommend highly!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

If in Cannes you must eat lunch or dinner here. We had lunch on a lovely sunny day. We began with a bottle of Provence rose wine. For our meals we had the set menus. My wife had the risotto starter, the sea bass main, and crème brûlée for dessert. I had the zucchini beignet starter, the seafood cannoli main, and wonderful cream tart with chocolate for dessert. The piece for the meal was a little more than we’d spend normally, elsewhere in Europe, but the cuisine and great service is worth every penny! Recommend going early for lunch or having reservations.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Whilst in Cannes visited here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Had the 3 course set menu and the food was amazing for such a good price. Tasty food and great service. Would recommend booking though as we were lucky and got the last table and saw a few people turned away.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I came across this restaurant when I was researching affordable places to eat in Cannes. The restaurant offers a choice of set menus which are excellent value.

The restaurant is located by Vieux Port (Old Port) and outdoor tables have views of the luxury yachts in the harbour. When I arrived the restaurant was busy and I was offered a seat next to 4 Lemon meringue pie, so I felt I ended up with the best seat in the house.

I chose from one of the set menus. I had seem excellent reviews for their fritters and they deserved their delicious reputation. The risotto was too was excellent. The Lemon meringue pie was divine and highly recommended.

If you're ordering from the set menu and have any dietary requirements check with the waiter first, as I nearly ordered stuffed vegetables only to find they are stuffed with meat.

Service was excellent and very attentive even through they were busy and had a large group in. The restaurant had a lovely ambiance and I would recommend a visit here.