“Great sushi options for low price”
Review of Maotsumy

Maotsumy
Ranked #55 of 250 Restaurants in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 65
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Hi

This was my favourite restaurant at Polygone. The original tuna wasabi burger was astounding. Sadly that has now been replaced by a poor copy- although the menu description rests the same- so I now buy the sushi which are good and great value too.

The vegan wok is not good. Very greasy with a weird sauce and mostly noodles. I asked what the sauce was and was told the waitress would find out but she never came back again.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came in this restaurant on a friday evening around 10.50 pm with the intention to eat an easy sushi dinner..
Restaurant closes at 01 am, but once we got a table the waitress (who doesn't speak any english)tried to tell us that the kitchen was closing in 5 minutes and our choice would have been made very fast!
While we were trying to read the menu a second waiter approached us and he basically chose for us the dishes..
We were very embaraced and we didn't come in this "restaurant" anymore!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I can't quite understand why this place is getting the reviews I'm reading.

For a restaurant in a shopping mall, it represents something of an oasis for me.

I live (part-time) on the Cote d'Azur and this place is the only reason why I agree to let the wife loose on the retail opportunities and over-hyped sales that surround it, and me have to drive to it.

The food is great. Treats are the Salmon Tartare with ginger and crispy rice (if you're really hungry order a side of wok legumes), and my tempura gambas (with the side of wok legumes) went down brilliantly.

They offer food out of the ordinary and there's no sign of the omnipresent Cote d'Azur plate of pizza.

No complaints about service... perfectly acceptable, and having tried some of the other eateries at this shopping centre, it is by far and away the best.

Lunch for three on Sunday, 15 January, €58 incl drinks. For here, that represents value!

Message to management. The crispy rice is great, but can't you be more generous with it (or at least mail me the recipe!) It deserves more than something resembling a sugar cube...

Valentine D, Responsable relations clients at Maotsumy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you very much for your message! We hope to see you soon.
Best regards,
Valentine

Reviewed 29 November 2016

1 of the 3 dishes was very good, the 2 others not great. Slightly overpriced. Too much light. Too much noise (even a full room of kids playing upstairs). Friendly professional staff... Was there a manager on duty?

Valentine D, Responsable relations clients at Maotsumy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Hello,
Thank you for visiting us.
We take into account all of your remarks and invite you to come back soon.
Best regards,
Valentine

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We had lunch outside on the sunny terrace. The staff were young, dynamic, welcoming and professional. The food was a very welcome change to the usual Côte d'Azur menus. We had the Japanese tuna burger which was made with seared tuna in a lemon and sesame bun with a delicious wasabe and avocado sauce. Even the chips were fresh and unique. The whole meal was really enjoyable. We also had the beef burger in a black pepper bun which was flavoursome and the meat was really good. We would definitely make a point of eating here the next time we come to Polygone - infact, I would go as far as to say eating at Maotsumy would be our main reason for coming back to Polygone!