“Charming old townhouse.”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Ariel view of 3rd floor - sofa bed
Street view of Rue Fourmilliere
Outside of town house
Ground floor living area and kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
ForrestSt...
“Charming old townhouse.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a wonderful stay in Antibes. The house was charming and old, but still modern and comfortable. Very close to restaurants and shopping.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
venitian...
London, United Kingdom
“Great house in the middle of the old town with a fantastic balcony”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The house is in a great location-in the old town, 5/10mins walk from the marina, next to the main bus station and 10/15mins walk to the train station. It's in extremely good condition with all the amenities you could possibly need. Sarah was extremely helpful and friendly when it came to booking as well as handling our queries while we were there.

One thing to bear in mind is that the steps between floors are quite steep and the bedrooms/living rooms are split between floors so it may not be advisable if you have very young children.

Other than that we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend 5 Star Property Management.

Travelling group: Friends
limey1118
Estero, Florida
“Buyer Beware/Great location”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I stayed here for the entire month of September, with a friend who is from UK, I travelled from the US. Let me start by saying that Sarah the property manager, did her very best addressing our concerns. But she must take the actual property owner to task for not fixing the problems that are the main concerns with this house. Namely parking his Vespa motorcycle right inside the front door, as that meant we couldn't access the cupboard that housed the electrical fuse box, and apparently some beach equipment. We had therefore to buy our own, and a shopping cart that we bought and left there, it's red, if anyone stays there in future use it, you are welcome.
I'll start with the best, loved the location, the actual street. Don't agree with previous reviewers, add a few more minutes to their walks to the market, train and main bus tops etc. and the beaches.
The stairs, were a problem for us, they are not flights of stairs, they are two steep SPIRAL staircases from bottom to top. Hence we were unable to get our luggage up to the bedrooms. 33 steps in all. Do the math on the stairs!! Up and down, forget something? up and down again!
Because of the steep spiral staircases we were not able to take our dinners to the roof terrace, as we had to hang on to the handrails. There was only one TV for the entire 3 floors. No music outlet for the ground level kitchen/ dining level. Boring. Kitchen equipment limited, if you like to cook, as we do. No coffee maker. We requested a few extra kitchen utensils that Sarah was good enough to bring over.
We had some issues with loose toilet seats and leaks, that took a week to fix. The bathroom shower needs re-caulking, the mold is not very appealing. I would have happily taken down the curtains to launder them from the bedroom, but they looked so old, I didn't want to be responsible if they disintegrated!
Bed linen is changed on a weekly basis, fine, but you only have one bath, and one hand towel per person that you have to deal with yourself, if stay longer than a week! Very stingy!
We cleaned this place from top to bottom, and only scratched the surface, it needs a good cleaning, especially the floors, please look behind the bathroom doors!, and a total decorator makeover!
I have a rental property in FL that I take a great pride in, therefore with my review here, I am not being mean, just absolutely honest. Sarah does her best, but she has to really take an in depth look at this place, and get the owner to step up to the mark. In my opinion if changes aren't made to this property, Sarah can do better with her growing business. Or get the owner to greatly reduce his rental rates.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Nov 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are always pleased to get reviews as it helps keep us on our toes with our service and give feedback to the owners. We always try and make sure that the property descriptions on our various web-sites are an accurate reflection of what guests can expect - we do not want to create too high an expectation of what guests can expect from a quaint old property in the centre of Antibes (this property is one of our most popular villas).

We do only advertise the one TV and we have a clear indication on the web site that this particular property, because of the stairs, is not suitable for people with mobility challenges. Unfortunately, as it was the height of season, all other properties were fully booked otherwise we would have moved you without hesitation :) The last thing we want is for guests to be unhappy. We were able to organise the replacement of toilet seats as soon as we were made aware of the problem. I've brought to the owners attention the inconvenience of the scooter ( not sure where he can find alternate parking!) and in the meantime I have arranged that that cupboard only contains non essential owners stuff). I've also spoken to our cleaning providers on the pointers you've given. The owners had the ground floor of the villa completely renovated in May, with new floors and a brand new kitchen. The other points have gone on the maintenance list and are being attended to right now. Thanks for pointing them out. I will definitely talk to the owner about maybe having a TV on the bottom floor.

As for the linen - we do, and did, carry out linen changes, and there is always extra available should you want. Please bear in mind though that the property is rented as self-catering accommodation and is fully equipped with a washing machine , the weekly bed-linen change is a kind gesture from the owners. All this is explained in our booking e-mail.

I wish we could turn back the clock and have known more about your particular needs before confirming the booking - we could then have placed you in an apartment with no stairs and easier access. Next time you come to Antibes we will know better.
Reading
Reviewed 21 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Lux1235
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Charming and perfectly located”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

This little house is full of charm and the location couldn't be better. I almost want to keep it a secret! We were there with our son and daughter (20 and 21 years old).
Very attentive and proffessional Sarah will wait for you and give you the keys. Everything you need you'll find here, a full kitchen, nice new bathroom, and even though the house is small, it just feels very confortable and cozy. The only thing I wished for was a second full bathroom (the second bathroom is very small, with just a toilet and a tiny sink). Also, it is divided in three and a halve levels, steep rounded stairs, so if you are traveling with older friends or relatives, it coud be difficult for them.
As you walk out the door, take two rights and you'll be in the middle of everything, the old town, museums, restaurants, the open market. The train station is about 8/10mins away walking. The main ticket office for the local bus is around the corner, two supermarkets are within 2 blocks away, and a weekly clothes open market sets up in a little parking place just 1/2 block away.
I loved this house and I would happily spend an extended period of time there (if I could).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and comfy main bedroom. Lets not forget the terrace.
Liked least: Lack of a second full bathroom, the stairs.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$ 210
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing