“beautiful ''private'' hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“beautiful ''private'' hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel is just stunning! Wow! What a great place to stay. It has a old looking style, the room are not huge and the decoration may not be liked by everyone but this hotel is something.. It has a charm.. The garden is just amazing, with all the roses.. It smells good, its beautiful, they have their own beach, the pool is next to the ocean, its beautiful. Breakfast is also there so you can enjoy breakfast with the view of the ocean.. The hotel is big, it has a big spa with really fancy beauty products, made with caviar if my memory is good, and they also have a beautiful fitness center.. Its really expensive but if you want to live something special, go for it! :) My husband and I loved it! And staff.. of course, are really kind.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krystelle005
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel has a phenomenal reputation and should rate as the best in Cote d'zur, but what happens when the finest hotel in the finest location hires the most incompetent staff! I sat quietly at lunch & watched table after table (at the Grille) complain incessantly about what had not arrived. Rather amusing to me was that it took many requests of most people before a drink or meal appeared. It seems that staff rely on heavy tipping before you get the service. Yes I would return but perhaps not in peak season - they could not cope or something was slightly amiss.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank avandane
Philippe P, Directeur général at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Dear Guest:
Please let me express my gratitude for taking the time to leave a message on this website after your stay at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc. Indeed, it is thanks to our guest comments that we can keep on trying to improve.
In this respect, I was so sorry to read about your experience with our restaurant "the Grill", your feedback is extremely important to me and be assured that I will share all your concerns with my F&B teams.
Furthermore, we shall make sure this incident will not occur again, on a possible future stay.
With renewed thanks, we look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
Yours faithfully.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

ok from the time I booked by email I was on red alert.My booking was confirmed and a few minutes later I was informed that they were overbooked .I then rang and was told it was a mistake and sure enough I received an email of apology confirming my booking subject to receipt of faxed copies of my credit card which I thought strange but then again I complied as I have long ago given up trying to understand the logic of the french. As the only room available was the cheapest room in the hotel my expectations were not high but boy was I wrong.The views wereof the sea from both double windows and the bathroom might have been compact but the shower was great and doubled up as a steam shower.The hotel is more of a complex of three hotels with a few villas than a traditional hotel and it works well.The pool area is well thought out and the big wow factor that I found were the separate cabanas which are a few hundred yards from the pool area but are run indpendent of the pool and are extremley private. Service was not what I was expecting .....it was great everyone was pleasent and despite a slight run in with the restaurant manager they were very professional and well trained. The food in the grill is similar to the main restaurant but the service and style is better in the main restaurant . I think i have found my new bolthole for weekeds. Forget about trying to understand the bill just close your eyes sign and dream about your next visit

Room Tip: You have to book a cabana
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank barney c
Dear Guest:
We had recently the pleasure of your visit and I wished to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on this website regarding your stay. Indeed, all the remarks of our customers are considered to progress in our research for perfection as for the quality of service that we offer at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
In this respect, I was so sorry to read about the reservation. Please be sure that we will make all the efforts in order not this incident will happen again and hopefully to facilitate a quicker reservation for a possible next stay.
We are delighted that you spent a pleasant stay with us, and I will not miss to share with my teams your encouraging remarks.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any question.
Kindest regards.
Auburn, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

My 11-year-old son and I stayed at this beautiful place from June 10-13. It was a wonderful, relaxing few days.

We had flown in to Nice Airport and I was tired (son was able to sleep on the plane). We had arranged a car pick-up through the hotel. The driver, Jean-Marc, was there waiting and gave us a peaceful, stress-free ride to the hotel. My son is interested in cars and this one, a Mercedes S350 (?), was spotless. Jean-Marc was soft-spoken, professional and an expert driver who did not swerve around the bends (later, in Italy, we had some wild driving experience, so this stands out!). The drive to the hotel started the pleasure of our stay. It's such a pretty area.

We were greeted warmly and taken to our room (#1 on the main level of the main house). This room was perfect for us! It was quiet, pretty, spacious, offered a lovely view of the front garden/entrance area and had very nice linens. The bathroom was spotless and large with everything working perfectly. We did see the housekeeping staff at times in the hall and I've never seen warmer smiles! They did their cleaning and turn-down service invisibly though. Very nice!

We were lucky with the weather all days. It was sunny and slightly breezy throughout. We loved walking around the grounds, enjoying the flowers, trees and views of the sea. The hotel building is beautiful! We saw the annex building from the outside and it looks nice too, but we were glad to be in the main building.

We had most of our meals at the hotel, both at the Grill and at the Eden Roc Restaurant. Everything was tasty, service was good (great, actually, at the Eden Roc) and the prices weren't as bad as I expected. The fancier restaurant, the Eden Roc, had several families dining at the same time as we, and everyone behaving and seemingly enjoying themselves. Loved it!

All our breakfasts were room service and they were as ordered and quickly delivered with a lovely visual presentation. The only change I'd recommend is that they do a better Crepe Nutella. Their version comes plain and with the little individual Nutella packets on the side. I had to open the crepe and spread it myself, a messy proposition. Oh, the coffee was great and that makes for a happy morning for me!

We had a massage at the spa. It was great! Relaxing after a long flight. Again, very professional and nice staff here.

We took the bus (yes!) from just outside the hotel and went to town to explore. We walked all over, saw the yachts and checked out the beach there (too windy for swimming that day and we weren't planning to do so anyway). Then we took the bus back. Fun!

We swam at the pool one day, but had to leave at 7pm, the closing time. We never jumped in the sea, as it looked too rough the days we were there. Next time!

On our last day, we had another car transfer to the train station in Antibes. This was another special ride for my son (cool hotel car!), this time with a driver named Ben. Ben recommended we go to Monaco for a day trip, which turned out to be a great tip! We did so and really enjoyed it there (car heaven for my son)!

All the hotel's staff were low-key and very kind to us. They seemed to genuinely enjoy, not just tolerate, my child. On the Concierge staff, Antonio and Gilles could not have been nicer to my jeune-homme and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. They made our stay extra special.

Room Tip: I liked being in the main building. It made me feel part of the history of this beautiful place.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank traveliseducational
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Let me first say that this is the hotel that finally made me decide to start contributing my opinions (however trivial they me be) on this website, which I've used steadily more and more over the last several years.

Visited the Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc for nearly one sublime week and felt such an overwhelming sense of wellbeing and serenity almost every-day of our trip.

With respect to the property, it would be a struggle to want more. It has history, beauty, charm, glamour, tastefulness, and substance. Every part of the hotel I was in was immaculately clean, sunny and thoughtfully appointed. Most importantly, it is not over-decorated. I suspect many of the furnishings are original and have either been properly cared-for over the years or meticulously restored. Beds are very comfortable and the linens of a very high-quality. Bathrooms are a marble oasis.

Stayed in a Superior Room and a Junior Suite and both were perfection. One senses the tiniest detail is not overlooked.

The hotel staff are exceptionally professional and well-trained. I can think of few -- if any -- instances where I was not looked at directly in the eye, greeted by name and with a genuine smile by all members. (I am not a member of the Saudi Royal Family in case you are wondering!) "No" simply seems not to exist in their vocabulary.

Breakfast was abundant, fresh and thoughtful. The Grill and Eden-Roc Restaurant are both very good but expensive. The Grill's Menu needs some fine-tuning and consequently some of the food tasted prefabricated. For example, I ordered a first course of prawns with couscous that was bland and tasted like Business Class airplane food. The restaurant is more creative and flexible in their offerings. The views from both are incomparable.

The pool and swimming areas are such a delight. Louis was particularly thoughtful.

Overall, I would put the Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc in the same category as the Park Hyatt Tokyo, the Connaught in London, Le Bristol in Paris, the St. Regis in Beijing, the Bulgari in Milan and in terms of tastefulness and how the hotel fits in with its surroundings, the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur California.

It would be a complete pleasure to revisit any of those properties. But out of all of them, I eagerly look forward to returning to only one: The Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Sea are quietest and look out over the Hotel's spectacular gardens.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Unworldlyflaneur
Dear guest:
We are very grateful to you for having taken time to draft this magnificent comment on TripAdvisor after your stay at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
Indeed, all the remarks of our customers are considered to progress in our research for perfection as for the quality of service that we offer.
When I read your words "immaculate", "professional", "exceptional", I can tell you I am very happy that you spent a pleasant stay with us, and I can be proud of my teams.
I shall not miss to share with them your remarks so encouraging!
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel, we send you our kindest regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antibes
3.0 km away
1.8 km away
La Villa
La Villa
#4 of 50 in Juan-les-Pins

Been to Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK