“Great food and not expensive! Warm welcoming!”
Review of New Ground

New Ground
Ranked #89 of 679 Restaurants in Avignon
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 35
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I went there with my husband for lunch on a Friday during our lovely visit in the beautiful Avignon.

This place is very nice. We sat outside since it was a warm spring day. The welcoming was warm and we were quickly seated.

We choose the lunch menu + dessert that equalled around EUR 17/person. I had a very tasty gazpacho with the steak and mash potatoes and my husband had the tomato and mozzarella salad and also the steak. As I dessert I had the pear pie with chocolate ice cream and my husband had a brownie. Everything was tasty and cooked perfectly. It is a great place to eat at Avignon.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We went there with a group of friend on a Saturday night. We were very happy with the service and the quality of the food! We also found it very well priced!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

My colleague and I had dinner there during a business trip. When we were looking for a restaurant a lady invited us in, praising the good salads and vegetarian meals (one of us vegetarian). When we ordered, turned out all salads and vegetarian meals were sold out. Very disappointing already, but it got even worse, when we decided to order the plate of mixed starters. As it was not vegetarian they offered to prepare a version without meat. What they finally brought was unacceptable. It was a small plate with 3 carrots (cooked in whole, roots and stalks still on it, probably not even washed before) and 1 leek (also cooked in whole). I don’t know what they were thinking, I would serve this maybe to some little rabbits in the zoo, but not in a restaurant. On top of all that, we paid 12 € for these three carrots. Can’t recommend the restaurant, it’s a nightmare!!!!

1  Thank Anna F
Reviewed 23 November 2016

I ate dinner here on the first night in France after traveling all day from Atlanta. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel and was nearby. I had the three course menu and shared a bottle of wine with a friend. My first two courses were seafood, which were fresh and well prepared. I finished with a cheeses plate and bread. The service was good and English was spoken very well. The wine was reasonably priced and good. Overall this was an excellent first meal on a trip to France. The price was reasonable. I would return.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Not at all the usual tourist fare found on the Place de l'Horlodge. Young, enthusiastic and innovative owners. Highest quality ingredients but still very reasonable. Just a few steps from the friendly and comfortable Hotel Garlande.