See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The hotel is lovely - very Moroccan in style and very tasteful. Our room was dark and typical north African and it was like staying in our own little town house - no one else was staying while we were there. Lovely breakfast and delicious coffee and loved the jazz at breakfast! Only negative I would have is that while I 'get' the design and style of the bathroom, the shower could still have that 'look' while working a bit better. Still had a wonderful sleep and a very comfortable bed. Would definitely stay here if came to Arles again. Thank you for helping me to park the car by the way..... :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Poivre room - no complaints really except the lack of power in the shower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Whether you like it or you hate it, you will not forget La Pousada. I guarantee it.

La Pousada is very different from your run-of-the-mill hotels or B&Bs. It has an antique feel but the house is not run down. The decoration is earthy but glamorous at the same time, with country style Provencal tiles peeking through sequin-sewn carpets on the floor (I know, it sounds wierd but it is true, the carpet has sequins sewn in so it sparkles under the light). And although the room is equipped with modern technology like flat screen TV and free wi-fi, the ensuite shower is something you only see in period movies like "Gone with the Wind". All these contradictions are what make this place interesting.

I spent one night at La Pousada and I paid 80 euro for single use of the room. 80 euro is not cheap in Arles because the average room rate in this city is around 50 to 60 euro for a single room. But when I looked at the pictures on La Pousada's website, I was sold.

Fortunately I was not disappointed. The room is spacious; the bed is very comfortable with extra down duvets stored in the closet in case you feel cold at night. Some people complained about the shower. I agree it looks a little strange and it takes some getting used to. The shower room is not exactly a room, just a walled area at the corner with a hanging linen cloth pretending to be the shower curtain. But actually once you start taking shower, it works just fine. It has enough hot water and if you could be just a little more careful, the water does splash a bit but not too bad.

This is not a B&B for everyone and I know many of my friends will just roll their eyes the minute they see the old fashioned shower room. But if you have decided to stay in Arles instead of the nearby big cities like Marseilles or Avignon, obviously you like the small town feel. I encourage you to complete your experience by staying in an authentic B&B like La Pousada.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Hosts lovely and helpful. Our room OK, spacious, "ensuite" awful. Shower is in room, antiquated and water goes everywhere, no plug for basin, water hammer extreme, bath towels small and scratchy. Front house lock temperamental and difficult to use. Not good value, more like a back packers, expect a bit better for 115€ pn. Pity, good location and nice house otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bren1950
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We just spend a night at La Pousada and we highly recomend it. Room is spacious, real good breakfast and the hosts were very friendly and helpful.

The only "negative" if you can call that is that it is very difficult to park close to it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank MIA002
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This place is a beautiful house, I had good sleep and good breakfasts!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends