“Excellent food, service, and ambience”
Review of Querida

Querida
Ranked #54 of 299 Restaurants in Arles
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2014

We had a wonderful evening at this small and intimate restaurant. It was a beautiful evening so we sat out in the entry way where they have tables on each of the stairs leading to the restaurant. The owner and waiter did not speak English but he worked very hard to help us. The other guests were also very helpful and helped to translate. The food was excellent – I had a chicken casserole and I can still taste the flavors when I look at my pictures. Pieces of chicken in a smokey paprika cream sauce topped with very mild chorizo sausage, manchego cheese and grilled peppers - salad included. We talked quite a bit to a couple that was celebrating their 4th anniversary and they gave us a taste of their cordial, a specialty of that area. The food, service, and atmosphere at this place are excellent. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 September 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon Querida and were intrigued by its quaint patio and Spanish inspired menu. Were we ever glad we stopped for lunch! The dishes were interesting, flavourful, fresh, and good value. I ordered the tarte special and my husband had the <<poule cremeuse>> (chicken in a cream sauce with chorizo and manchego cheese). Both were fantastic. The sangia was also tasty. I would highly recommend coming here to escape the tourist groups and to enjoy a wonderful meal!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I highly recommend this place. Really hard working owner, serving great food in a really relaxed setting.

We were advised about this place by one of the staff from the hotel we were staying at 4 years ago. We have been back on about 5 occasions over the years and have never been disappointed. As I have found on most of my travels, always avoid the large restaurants in the busy squares and instead head for the back street if you want to find the best places to eat.

It is worth making a booking as this small restaurant does get extremely busy, but my advise would be to book a late table outside and then relax with some great reasonably prices food and wine.

1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Querida is near the Forum and worth the search. We were greeted by the friendly staff and sat in the open entranceway. Lots of atmosphere here. We had one of those incredible, close your eyes and enjoy every bite meals. Pieces of chicken in a smokey paprika cream sauce topped with very mild chorizo sausage, manchego cheese and grilled peppers - salad included. Don't miss it, then take a romantic walk at night and enjoy the coliseum lit up at night.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent food at very fair prices. The chicken with chorizo and manchego cheese was wonderful. Plats came with a salad and vegetable of the season. I would go again.