All reviewswalk into townother guestsparkingrenovationcafes
Reviewed 23 July 2017

My mother and I booked with the Hotel Kyriad Prestige after an unexpected last-minute cancellation by another hotel (Hotel en Ville,) and we were both pleasantly surprised by our stay. Spacious, clean, with modern design and amenities - the Kyriad has undergone recent renovations that bring it up to date for today's traveler. While a bit far from town center, the Kyriad offers excellent value and an enjoyable stay.
Reading through some of the more critical traveler reviews, management seems to have really listened and made adjustments for the better. My mother and I both found the room wonderfully comfortable - a great bed, premium rain shower head, efficient AC, and room big enough to have a couch / seating area and not trip over your bags (which is unusual for France, particularly for such a reasonable price point.) Renovations are so recent you can still smell fresh coats of paint in the halls.
My only nit would be the housekeeping - which was a bit erratic. They would sometimes forget to replace bath products or toilet paper, or still not have cleaned when we came back around 5 pm. The hotel is also far from town center - but you should know that prior to booking. Be prepared to walk 20 min, catch a bus across the street, or take a 10€ uber / taxi.
Net --- if you're looking for cafes outside your front door, this probably isn't for you. If you want something with a decent price point that's clean, modern, and comfortable (and don't mind a little travel time to Old Town) - the Kyriad makes for a modern, spacious, and easy stay.

Stayed: July 2017
David R, Directeur général at Kyriad Prestige Aix En Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor following your last visit at Kyriad Prestige Aix en Provence.

We are delighted that you really appreciate our renovation, We will continue to improve us to offer the best hospitality service to our guest

Hope to see you again

Best regards,

David ROUSSEAU
MANAGER

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I was given a room that wasn't cleaned from the previous occupant. The food was like going back to the 1980's. When I departed the Hotel, my company credit card was over charged by 222 Euro's and this was September 2016. We are now in Feb 2017 and the Hotel have yet to refund the over charges. The Hotel staff fail to reply to repeated emails and when they do reply, the say they are sorting it out. Expedia contacted the Hotel and the Hotel promised they would refund the money. Don't stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I can't think of a single positive thing to say about this place. It is placed on the ring road. The rooms are in a poor state. It smelt bad and the staff were generally offish if not rude..there must be better

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I guess given the location and price it is not all that bad. The staff is friendly, there is a swimming pool and a bus stop close by that takes you to the centre of Aix in no time, but....
The place is clearly deteriorated, the bathroom was full of moist and cracks in the wall. We had a family room with one sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016

My family and I just stayed at this hotel and we couldn't have been more happy to write a review about Nais. She was at the front desk each night, and provided us with so much knowledge about the city and nearby towns. All of her recommendations were perfect. We are from Chicago and had been in France for two weeks. She, by far, was the most English speaking person we met and was so easy to understand.

I would only stay at this hotel again if she is working there. Our experience wouldn't have been superb if it weren't for Nais!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family