“Avoid absolutely this place”

Best Western Hotel le Galice
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Rabat, Morocco
“Avoid absolutely this place”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I booked a room at Best Western Galice for 08.29th . Three days before , while I was already abroad with a poor internet connection , I received from Best Western Galice manager an e-mail telling me she is sorry but because of water damage she had to transfer me to another same standard hotel located 200 meters further

The hotel I was transferred to was in dead at half a mile distance , close to the highway
on a road with a lot of traffic.

I found it quite astonishing such an hotel experience "water damage" during this season so I went to the Best Western Galice lobby , as I noticed the hotel was open with a tourist coach in front , and I asked for a room .The receptionist answer was :Sorry we are fully booked , we've just received a group of tourists. ....This was the reason of the "water damage"!!!!
I stayed in the hotel I was transferred to and I had to paye a full rate because I hadn't booked by internet!

I didn't stay at the Best Western but an hotel with such commercial behaviors , that despise that way it's customers ,must be at all costs boycotted.

Amina Balafrej

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Amina778
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 30 August 2011

In peak season its near impossible to find somewhere small and authentic to stay in Aix, unless you plan a year ahead. This is what got us to Le Galice.

Pros - its a best western so you know what to expect, the rooms are well equipped, 10-15 minutes walk gets you to Aix town centre, it has a decent size pool which I believe is quite rare in Aix, the staff can speak english, there is parking (paid for indoors and free outside in the evening)

Cons - zero character as the hotel is above a car dealership! views on two sides show busy roads and MORE car dealerships, the route to the centre takes you passed...yes, more car dealerships, you are effectively in the middle of an industrial zone. One of the floors is still smoking (first floor) which was the only one that had rooms for us even though we said non-smoking, the first room was so bad we started coughing and then moved to another smoking room that was slightly less pungent. For security they only let you open your windows slightly so you cant go in and ventilate the room properly which is a pity. I can only speak for our room (118) but our toilet seemed to be directly attached to the main plumbing and made a very loud noise whenever a toilet was flushed on our floor.

Room Tip: If you dont smoke ensure you ask not to be on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eurotraveller333
Herzele
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed for a week in this hotel. Mainly the location makes this hotel inappropriate for a vacation. The hotel is located behind a main Renault concession (which makes the hotel kinda difficult to spot from the road). The 15 minutes walk from the hotel to the city center is through a mainly industrial area. The view from the rooms was mainly over the industrial area.
The swimming pool in the hotel is small, only at 1,60m depth (so no good for families with children) and closes at 20:00 (only to enable a calm terrace for the restaurant in the hotel).
The room was actually very good. With airco and excellent beds. The buffet-breakfast was complete.
In the beginning of our stay, one of the lifts broke down. When we left (5 days later), the lift was still out of order.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Aix-en-Provence hotels

Oslo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Booked this hotel for a stopover. Arrived late and left before noon, so didn't have that much time to check out the hotel. But I'll add my view of the things I feel I can comment on.
We had a king/queen size room with extra bed. The room was big with lots of space, and the standard was very good. The bathroom was nice and spacious also.
The corridors was not the better parts of the hotel (as usual) but they weren't that bad either.
There was a pool at the hotel that we didn't have the chance to try.
I found the best part of the hotel to be the American breakfast. It had a very good selection on a buffet served in nice surroundings.
There was nice parking garage in the basement with secure access and direct access to lobby.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank B H
Essex, England
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We have just come back from a week at this hotel. We were on a Page & Moy holiday. There were four of us, all in our fifties. The hotel was immaculately clean, the buffet breakfast plentiful with more than enough choice. The staff were friendly. It was lovely to have a pool as on the days when we had no trips organised, we lounged around the pool. There is a pool bar/restaurant and the food is very good, although the menu didn't change whilst we were there. It was only a 10 minute walk into the Centre and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from there. I would recommend a holiday in Aix and a stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 402 is great. It has a massive SuperKing size bed.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends