“Good evening choice”

Ranked #25 of 307 Restaurants in Poitiers
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Went with friends after trip to cinema. Grateful that food served all day long as we were early (6pm).
Good choices on menu and the place was still nicely decorated from Christmas.
Comfortable seating and clean linen.
Service pretty good although considering it was pretty empty the food was a little slow.
We had two raies, a beef burger and a lamb burger - all got good reviews from their consumers.
Overall quite happy and will almost certainly go again.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We asked our hotel to recommend a couple of places to have lunch and 16 Carnot was one of the recommendations. We chose to eat inside on this occasion and was placed at a two person table with plenty of room, which was a good start.

We commenced lunch with Veloute de Cepes (mushroom soup) and it was very thick with mushrooms (could have been a bit hotter) this was followed by La Sole Meunière which was expertly deboned at the table by the waiter. I chose the Entrocote Francaise which was a very generous piece of beef cooked perfectly pink in the middle as I like it. It came with a generous helping of potatoes and a lovely sauce on the side.

To top it off we had the Dame Blanche which is ice cream, chocolate and chantilly cream - absolutely delicious. Our wine was a Chateau Senejac which was fine.

The restaurant was quite busy with locals on this Saturday afternoon and all in all it was excellent. A nice touch was the fresh roses or tulips on the tables.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I chose this place as it looked nice enough and the menu looked interesting though not cheap.

If I had not been so hungry I would have rejected my vegetarian main course after one mouthful as it was awful - tasteless, not hot enough. Basically a plate of luke warm vermicelli with shredded vegetables in a bland sauce.

I left 75% of the dish and the Maitre d asked if it was ok - I said very bad and he simply took it away with a turned up nose. No discount and no alternative offered.

The starter was good so I was very disappointed with the main and the lack of interest from the staff. At €16 for the main I would have done better having an omelette.

When I put my glasses on to settle the bill I noticed the under table cloth was badly soiled with something disgusting. I almost reached.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Happened upon this restaurant by chance today. Right by the car park and everyone looked happy so we went in. Fabulous atmosphere. Great welcome. Delicious food and wine. Good value too. Had an Olga Raffauld wine - one of our favourite producers from Chinon - the icing on the cake. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Four of us went for lunch . Those of who had salmon from their Menu du Jour all enjoyed our meals. One of us had Pavé de boeuf (not on the Menu du Jour). He thought it was OK but not as good as he had elsewhere.

Would go back for an evening meal next time we are in Potiers - it has a good selection of pizzas at around 12€.

Service was friendly, but not particularly efficient. I had to go indoors three times to chase up things we had ordered.